News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Holt5's Art Gallery

Started by Holt5, November 21, 2017, 11:18:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holt5

Hello!

Kinda surprised I didn't know this place existed.  ;D

Anyways, I suppose this is where I can put some Redwall and Redwall-related art.

A band of vermin - not exactly canon, but heavily inspired by the books.
Spoiler
[close]

A trio of vermin - again, just heavily inspired. Had this idea of a few characters fighting among themselves while the warlord or whomever is gone. They grab the guy with lockpicks and force him to unlock the leader's war-chest or something.
Spoiler
[close]

Ashleg

I can't see them because I'm at school, but by the descriptions I certainly want to!

The Skarzs

Very very nice! Quite realistic!
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

DelenatheWanderer

WOW!!! Thant's AWESOME!!! I love your style!
Disney. Brian Jacques. J.R.R. Tolkien. C.S. Lewis. Toby Fox. A.A.Milne. And more...

MeadowR

Nice! Really like the idea and all the detail in the first, with the variation in tones, including the smudgy dark charcoal in the sky to add an atmosphere - very effective. :D
Great work on both.
~*Meadow*~

Season Namer 2014

Ashleg

Hoooo, as soon as I opened that second spoiler I made the connection. I KNEW your name was familiar!
You put your stuff on DA, don't you? Your art is awesome, by the way.

Holt5

Quote from: All you cool folks
Very very nice! Quite realistic!

WOW!!! Thant's AWESOME!!! I love your style!
Thanks, I'm glad you like them!  ;D

Quote from: MeadowRabbit on November 21, 2017, 07:07:38 PM
Nice! Really like the idea and all the detail in the first, with the variation in tones, including the smudgy dark charcoal in the sky to add an atmosphere - very effective. :D
Great work on both.

Thanks! The charcoal/smoke was a bit tricky, but it's fun to work with.

Quote from: Ashleg on November 21, 2017, 09:30:24 PM
Hoooo, as soon as I opened that second spoiler I made the connection. I KNEW your name was familiar!
You put your stuff on DA, don't you? Your art is awesome, by the way.
Yup yup yup - I've been on DA for awhile. :D Much appreciated!

This is probably the most recent of my Redwallish drawings. I was thinking along the lines of having a few galley slaves in the act of escaping, when a drunken guard walks in and nearly discovers them.
Spoiler
[close]

Inspired by Rakkety Tam!
Spoiler
[close]

Wylder Treejumper

Hello stranger, nice to have you on the forum ;D

Absolutely wonderful work, by the way. You have a lot of talent!
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Ashleg

DelenatheWanderer

Disney. Brian Jacques. J.R.R. Tolkien. C.S. Lewis. Toby Fox. A.A.Milne. And more...

Ashleg

Holt5

Quote from: Wylder Treejumper on November 22, 2017, 06:47:17 AM
Hello stranger, nice to have you on the forum ;D

Absolutely wonderful work, by the way. You have a lot of talent!

Hey, glad to be here!  :)

Thank you very much! Just a lot of practice and enjoyment in the subject matter. Redwall is actually what got me into reading and drawing more frequently, so I'm glad to see associated communities & people still pockmarking the Internet!

Quote from: DelenatheWanderer on November 26, 2017, 07:56:05 PM
What is your DA?

As Ashleg said. x) I go by the same name pretty-much everywhere: https://holt5.deviantart.com/

Captain Tammo

Nice work, Holt5! these look amazing! I really like how the picture of the slaves mid-escape seems to tell a story on its own. I feel like accomplishing something like that is always easier said than done.

Also, welcome to the forum :)
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Holt5

Quote from: Captain Tammo on December 04, 2017, 06:39:28 PM
Nice work, Holt5! these look amazing! I really like how the picture of the slaves mid-escape seems to tell a story on its own. I feel like accomplishing something like that is always easier said than done.

Also, welcome to the forum :)
Thank you! Telling a story through the picture itself can be challenging, but in many cases it can also make it easier to figure out what should or shouldn't be done with it. It's also a lot more fun that way because the characters get a bit more depth to them.  :)

This one was inspired by the game Overgrowth, but there's some similarities it shares with Redwall.
Spoiler
[close]

Redwall-inspired otter, evading a vermin ship. My thought was of some otters on a small sail boat tacking their way to safety in the middle of an incoming storm. They're able to outrun the bigger vessel, but a rowboat (able to cut through the wind rather than tack) is closing in quickly. 
Spoiler
[close]

The Skarzs

Very realistic style, once again. Well done.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.