News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

The last day of Fall at the abbey

Started by Nadaz, voice of the host, November 29, 2017, 01:57:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nadaz, voice of the host

The leaves have fallen, trees are bare, soon the first snowfall will dust the ground with its icy flakes. It is cold and us abbey beasts keep inside whenever possible. Luckily for all who live at our abbey the fall harvest was plentiful and a feast is being prepared for tomorrow morning, I can almost taste that deeper than ever turnip and tater and beetroot pie from here in the lovely gatehouse cottage. Ivy has been steadily growing up the cottage's east wall since spring but I haven't the heart to cut it down, we have a roaring fire in our hearth, it spreads a comforting warmth throughout the room and provides a constant glow for me to write by. But now back to the feast Friar Hugo has been preparing for days on end making scones, bread and the like, Ambrose Spike had rolled out his finest elderberry wines, October ale, and the remains of the summer batch of strawberry fizz. Abbot Mordalfus and Matthias, our former abbey warrior hauled in a enormous grayling the largest ever caught in the abbey pond. Speaking of which Come next summer I mustn't let the dibbins swim if fish so large swim in the pond. But enough worries from a old mouse it is almost morning and there are festivities to take part in, come for Redwall's door is open to any traveler who wanders to are gates. WELCOME.
It matters not what you fight, but what you fight for.

Captain Tammo

Nice, Nadaz! I like how it reads like a journal entry. Will there be more installments? You could tell an entire story alone through journal entries!
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Nadaz, voice of the host

Quote from: Captain Tammo on December 04, 2017, 06:42:25 PM
Nice, Nadaz! I like how it reads like a journal entry. Will there be more installments? You could tell an entire story alone through journal entries!
yes I plan to do that and tell the story of the Ginvere family.
It matters not what you fight, but what you fight for.