News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Our Story [Extravaganza Entry]

Started by Rosie Willowwater, December 10, 2017, 03:27:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rosie Willowwater

It was a storming and dreary day in the Mossflower Woods that surrounded Lily's home. For the past four days it had been raining atop her small cabin and the constant beating on the roof and the frequent lightning was starting to drive her family crazy. The little ones had gathered blankets and any chairs or sticks they could find that were dry enough to bring inside, and piled them together to make their own fort, while Lily sat by the fireplace with a book, occasionally watching the young ones at play.

"Fight me you cowawd!" Lily's little brother Sterrick said as he dove out of the fort, waving a wooden sword. "Fow I am Daniel the Bwave!"

Two other young mice tumbled out of the fort - Lily's younger sisters Marigold (Mary for short) and Daisy. "Are you sure about that? I, Princess Madeline, could beat you easily!" Mary said twirling her own wooden sword in her hand. She stabbed at Sterrick while he jumped from side to side, avoiding her blade.

"Come on Princess Madeline, you can do it!" Daisy shouted while clapping her paws together. "Aim for his arm, aim for his arm!" Mary took a direct swipe at Sterrick's arm that held his sword and clearly tapped it with her own. "There! You lost an arm, now you have to hold your sword with your other paw." She said, grinning.

"Hey, no faiw! Daisy was helping you!" Sterrick said as he put his right arm behind his back "We awe gonna have to do a wematch after this"

"It's not like there's much else we can do to pass the time, and I think this makes it more interesting since you always win" Mary resumed her fighting stance "Ready... Go!" 

Sterrick started to circle Mary, keeping a sharp eye out for any moments where she wasn't paying attention. Luckily for him, Mary stumbled over a crack in the floorboard and wobbled backwards a bit to catch her balance, giving him the perfect time to strike. He dashed forward and poked her in the stomach.

"Thewe, victowy is mine!" He said as he threw his sword back into the fort. "We don't need to do that wematch anymore, I think this game was good enough" Grinning from ear to ear he dove back into the fort after his sword.

"Not again! I'm gonna beat you someday, Sterrick, so you better watch out!" She said and she crawled in after him with Daisy close behind

Lily stared at the fort's entrance from which loud giggling could be heard. Smiling, she looked back down at her book for a moment, closed it, and set on the table beside her. She slowly got up and wandered to the window nearest to the front door and stared out, finally grateful for yet another gloomy and rainy day.

Chipster of Noonvale

Gonff the Mousethief

Dadgum that was a great read Rosie! And written in such a expressive style as well. Really does remind me of childhood memories like that. But yes, great job!
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

Captain Tammo

What a happy, fluffy story for a dreary day like today! Well written, Rosie :)
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior