RP: A Tale of Reedbind: Voyage of the Blue Star

Started by BrookSkimmer, February 01, 2012, 09:36:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mad Maudie

"well there's the ship!" seamusic had to smile at oakpaws laughter.

Searose , on the other hand was far from laughing, she had gone to check up on oakpaw and he was gone, she suspected he had gone into the woods to find them so she set out fallowing the trail he had left calling his name out softly.
Cause you are the piece of me I wish I didn't need
Chasing relentlessly and I don't know why
If our love's tragedy why are you my remedy?
If our love's insanity why are you my clarity?
Why are you my clarity?

~Clarity~~Zedd~

Mad Maudie

Why are you my clarity?

~Clarity~~Zedd~

Troy Troodon

"anybody got an ale? I really need to drown my frustration!" so says Gailen.
So what if I'm crazy? Atleast I admit my insanity.

Mad Maudie

"Go drink from the river" Seamusic says. her ears move "Oakpaw i heard someone calling your name over that way."
Why are you my clarity?

~Clarity~~Zedd~

Troy Troodon

Quote from: Mad Maudie on April 07, 2012, 12:38:16 AM
"Go drink from the river" Seamusic says.

Gailen took that offensively and mumerd to himself words that no bird or mammal around should ever have to hear.

Skipper

Oakpaw cupped a paw around his ear and listened, nothing

'Are ye sure you heard me name? I don't know anyone around these parts 'cept you lot.'

Oakpaw listened again and all he could hear was the wind whistling around them and lifting up some fallen leaves, which reminded him of Reedbind.

'If all goes well we might be home by late autumn wonder if they'll make us a big pan of  'otroot soup.'

Oakpaw shook a paw at Gailen while looking around for signs of movement

'If ye quit moanin' I'll give ye some october ale when we get back to the ship, your worse then me when i drink to much october ale.'

Oakpaw chuckled quitely and rested his paws on his belt, he turned around wondering if Seamusic actually did hear his name being called.

Troy Troodon

Gailen stopped mumering, and just crossed his arms while sitting down.

Mad Maudie

"Oakpaw!"searose called again she was getting worried he could be anywhere and he shouldn't have gone off no matter how much He thinks he's better,

"Yes i'm sure i heard it there it is again!" Seamusic grumbled to him she was still in a rotten mood.
Why are you my clarity?

~Clarity~~Zedd~

RatBane

"Really am I? I have been nothing but nice to this otter and she keep turning me away. I didn't hear his name and I think that we have these vermin well in hand. Oh I plan on taking you up on the October ale."

He looks over at Searose and spoke to her very directly.

"Look here lass I must have offended you in some way perhaps if you tell me I can fix it hummm?"
Not all Rats are bad just the ones that make them self out to be.

Mad Maudie

"You haven't offended me i;m just not in a good mood." Seamusic spoke quietly "It's searose! Searose Oakpaw is over hear!" Seamusic called to her. Searose sighed with relieve and ran towards the voice.
Why are you my clarity?

~Clarity~~Zedd~

BrookSkimmer

Ringald nodded in response to Oakpw's question about taking his brother back to the ship for buiral. It was a good idea. As Oakpaw left the once happy otter spoke softly.

"Aye, that sounds like a good idea."

After saying this Ringlad's eyes narrowed. He pulled forth his sling and the long dagger he kept at the small of his back. With a pained roar he charged the guards watching over the Tidedance.

The tree weasel guards fell like chaff in the breeze at the mad otter's onslaught.
He took the first one through the throat with his blade. The second fell as Ringald's sling strangled him. The third came forward and lunged at Ringald with a spear. The spear took him high on the shoulder. Ringald snarled and threw his blade. It buired itself to the hilt in the tree weasel's chest.

Ringald charged into the Tidedance. He dispatched the three other guards and set to work freeing the six prisioners. They rubbed their wrists where they had been changed and stepped blinking into the light.

"Get to the sea. You'll find the Blue Star moored off shore. Tell them not to leave until my return. Do you think you can swim to it?"

One of the prisoners, a gaunt female named Sapphire nodded. "Aye, we've made it this far, we can make it to the ship."

Meanwhile Ringald went back to his brother. He carefully loaded Reefrudder onto his back and began to carry him to the ship. The fallen warrior would be buried at Reedbind.

Skipper

Oakpaw quickly assesed the situation as Ringald charged the three vermin, h swiftly loaded his sling and held his arm to the side

'Stay back! He can handle it himself'

Oakpaw watched as the vermin were dispatched quickly, he raced forward as the prisoners were released. Oakpaw kindly lent a hand to an old sea-otter by the name of Ziah Rushback. The old otter smiled gratefully and hobbled forward silently. He watched as Ringald made his way to collect his brother, Oakpaw ordered the others to an otter and told them to stay on the alert as thy made they way back to the ship.

Mad Maudie

"Oakpaw! you shouldn't have run off! the wound isn't quite healed!" Searose snapped at him, all the while helping a young otter who had weak legs. "He helped us?" Seamusic asked hoping to make it better.
Why are you my clarity?

~Clarity~~Zedd~

BrookSkimmer

(OOC: I'm going to move our characters back to the ship in preparation to end this thread. If anyone has a problem with that, I'll edit my post for you. Just let me know., I'm thinking this thread is almost done.  :D)

Ringald hefted Reefrudder and began to slowly make his way back to the BlueStar. Oakpaw and Seamusic helped the freed otters from the Tide Dance to board a raft that would take them out to the Reedbind ship.

Ringald placed the body of his brother on the raft and sat silently, looking out to sea as the raft made it to the BlueStar. Shuffer met them on the deck.

"Ahoy mates! Looks like you freed the slaves! Great work all of you..." His voice trailed off as he noticed Reefrudder. The grief on Ringald's face was unmistakable. Shuffer did not offer any words to the lone warrior. It just did not seem right.

Reefrudder was buried at sea that same evening in the traditional otter way. The once jovial Ringald was now a changed otter. His face was grim and he never smiled. Someday he would return to this cursed island. He would kill all the tree weasels and bring the TideDance back to Reedbind.

The BlueStar sailed for Reedbind. Once Ringald had gone inside one of the cabins the freed otters began to celebrate. They were free and returning home. They celebrated life, they celebrated their rescuers, and they celebrated gratefully the warrior who had fallen during their rescue.

BrookSkimmer

Ok, I'm going to call this thread finished!  ;D Thanks for joining the fun! Look for another Reedbind adventure soon!