"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

who would win?

Started by Captain Tammo, July 07, 2011, 09:57:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daskar666

Post nonexistent.

James Gryphon

QuoteI mean there's not much special about him and hes a bit small for a rat.
It's true, there really isn't much that Damug did that the other villains didn't do as good or better, but he's actually a particularly large specimen of the species, being referred to as a "Greatrat". I'd take either Cluny or Gabool above Damug in a fight, but I think probably the only rats in all the Redwall series that we can reasonably expect are larger than Damug are Cluny and the Gloomer... he is actually very large for a rat.
« Subject to editing »

sabretache5611

Quote from: James Gryphon on July 08, 2011, 06:46:23 PM
QuoteI mean there's not much special about him and hes a bit small for a rat.
It's true, there really isn't much that Damug did that the other villains didn't do as good or better, but he's actually a particularly large specimen of the species, being referred to as a "Greatrat". I'd take either Cluny or Gabool above Damug in a fight, but I think probably the only rats in all the Redwall series that we can reasonably expect are larger than Damug are Cluny and the Gloomer... he is actually very large for a rat.
OH....i seemed to get that he wasn't so big.  I must've been mislead by the illustrations in Long Patrol.  When i saw the picture with Mitch (awesome hare, but not as awesome as the otter Mask) seated across from Damug, I didn't think Damug was so big...
Trying to stop me reading Redwall is like trying to separate Sabretache from his sabre.  Basically, don't try.

James Gryphon

Well, remember that in real life, hares are far larger than most rats. ;)

Just because something is larger in real life doesn't necessarily mean the same scale applies in Redwall, but it still generally isn't a bad guide; hares should be larger than most of the villains they face, just like how badgers are the largest creatures in the books (with the exception of some sea monsters and maybe wolverines).
« Subject to editing »

sabretache5611

Quote from: James Gryphon on July 08, 2011, 06:57:52 PM
Well, remember that in real life, hares are far larger than most rats. ;)

Just because something is larger in real life doesn't necessarily mean the same scale applies in Redwall, but it still generally isn't a bad guide; hares should be larger than most of the villains they face, just like how badgers are the largest creatures in the books (with the exception of some sea monsters and maybe wolverines).
oh true.
Trying to stop me reading Redwall is like trying to separate Sabretache from his sabre.  Basically, don't try.

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

What about the Marlfoxes?
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Unknown

Asmodeusssssssssss.

. . . He could have a chance of winning. Only main villains included in this war, however. But considering that this is supposedly taking place on a wide, flat plain, Sea Rouges and pirates wouldn't do well, that is, if they're not used to fighting on land.

sabretache5611

Quote from: HeadInAnotherGalaxy on July 09, 2011, 01:40:41 AM
What about the Marlfoxes?

tactically they will own.  (they did get into Redwall) but they're not much to look at, though they are ruthless.

Captain Tammo

Ok to make things easier for remembering all of the villains, I'll make a list:
Redwall: Cluny the Scourge
Mossflower: Tsarmina Greeneyes
Mattimeo: Slagar the Cruel
Mariel of Redwall: Gabool the Wild
Salamandastron: Ferhago the Assassin
Martin the Warrior: Badrang the Tyrant
The Bellmaker: The Urgan Nagru
Outcast of Redwall: Swart Sixclaw
Pearls of Lutra: Ublaz Madeyes
The Long Patrol: Damug Warfang
Marlfox: there's many marlfoxes, let's go with Mokan
The Legend of Luke: Vilu Daskar
Lord Brocktree: Ungatt Trunn
Taggerung Ruggan Bor
Triss: Princess Kurda
Loamhedge: Raga Bol AND I guess you could say Kharanjul
Rakkety Tam: Gulo the Savage
High Rhulain: Riggu Felis
Eulalia!: Vizka Longtooth
Doomwyte: Korvus Skurr
The Sable Quean: Vilaya the Sable Quean
The Rogue Crew: Razzid Wearat
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

daskar666

Vallug was more of the main villain in Taggerung than Ruggan Bor. Also I doubt Kharanjul would count.

Taggerung_of_Redwall

In Taggerung, the main villain was not Ruggan Bor. It was Sawney Rath
With a sorta of ending point placed on Gruven, but he was too lame to draw attention to.
Actually, Sawney Rath was just as much the main villain as any other was.
Start building something beautiful and just put the hate away

daskar666

How so? Sawney died early in the second book, and although he sort of pre-initiated the main conflict throughout the story, he didn't even exist for the most part of it. Vallug was Deyna's main enemy in the story, he was the one that did the most damage, and the main plot (sort of) ended when he died (the rest was just Deyna's recovery, the pointless abbess riddle and Ruggan Bor who didn't really do anything). He did something villainous in each of the three books. Plus Vallug's story fit the typical ferret main villain story. (at the beginning the ferret main villain plays key role in kidnapping main character, main character lives with main villain for many seasons, then escapes and the main hero and villain alternate chasing each other). This template fits Swartt, Kurda and Vallug, but Sawney Rath not so much.

Captain Tammo

Let's stay on topic guys. Just who do you think would win
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

DanielofRedwall

I would sat Gulo's horde, they are all savage killers. Second would be the thousand eye army, Taarmina was a great leader and they were all real born killers. The rapscallions would come next, not because of Damug, but because of their real fighting ability.
Received mostly negative reviews.

Log-a-Log

I'd put my money on Badrang. He was smart and never lost his cool
I know you can fight William, but its our wits that make us men. - Malcolm Wallace, from Braveheart