News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Norham (Completed)

Started by Norham Waterpaw, March 06, 2013, 01:11:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norham Waterpaw

OOC: this is a story of my avatar, and his friends. This tells of his trials, joys, sorrows, and how he became a warrior of the of the Great Redwall Abbey.

Cast: reply to this post if you want a character

Norham Waterpaw: otter, main character. Desc: big star shaped scar on forehead. Black fur.

Riggaeo Starswift: wildcat, main villain. Desc: a pure white wildcat, with extreme sword skills with a star shaped pommel on his sword.
Norham and Riggaeo are my characters, here are the others

Rigjim Garijon: hedgehog, main character. Desc: a big burly hedgehog, a hermit of the woods who wields a warhammer.

Algemas: Riggaeo's first mate, main character. Desc: a weasel with one eye missing, replaced with a glass ball. Also Olgemas' twin brother.

Olgemas: Galley slave-driver. Desc: a weasel, same as Algemas, minus the missing eye, wields a cat-of-nine-tails whip.

Jerimias Barrindol: Hare. Desc: A Salamandastron fighting hare, Norham's friend since childhood.

Tobias Rockshifter: badger. Desc: Also Norham's friend since childhood.

Random soldiers. Desc: none needed, just your average vermin, work for Riggaeo.

Abbey Dwellers. Desc: abbeydwellers, that's about it.

Abbess Emmery. Squirell Desc: tall, with dark brown fur.

Backstory:
Norham's oceanside village was raided by none other than Riggaeo, a white wildcat, who burned the houses and slew everyone. Norham was very little, so Riggaeo only struck his head with his pommel, leaving a star-shaped scar on Norham's head. A while later, Tobias and Jeremias find him, and Norham's blow to the head had damaged his brain, making him insane. They adopted him as a friend, and kept him company, because Tobias and Jeremias, too, had their village raided. Norham would constantly go in and out of his insane rages, but as years passed, he overcame them with the help of his friends.

Now, they wander as a traveling troupe, baking, playing instruments, putting on comical skits and just overall having fun. Dark horizons are brewing though, Riggaeo Starswift is returning to Mossflower.
Hey you! What? Expecting a great quote or some heart-warming poem? Too bad, my signature is just boring. Stop reading it. Stop it. Why are you still reading it?

Rainshadow

Welcome to the forum, Norham!  Glad to have you here!  :)  Just a bit of advice, this would go in the OOC Roleplay Discussions section.  ;)
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Norham Waterpaw

Woops, sorry, never started a roleplay before, but thanks for Replying! ;D
Hey you! What? Expecting a great quote or some heart-warming poem? Too bad, my signature is just boring. Stop reading it. Stop it. Why are you still reading it?

Norham Waterpaw

Norham and his friends sat arond a warm fire. Their cart blocked the breeze from them. It was a cold night, darkness was countered by moonlight in the open glades of Mossflower wood. Jeremias,cthe hare, broke the reigning silence. " Can't a chap just jolly well keep warm on a night like this? No! Of course not, it's practically freezing in this bally forest!" Tobias, the Badger next to him spoke firmly. " Jeremias, keep a civil toung in thy head, this fire is all Norham could do, he should be back soon..."

Not too far from where they sat, a paw grabbed a sword hilt.

W0NWILL

Tailli sat with her back against the tree trunk and her legs straddling the branch. She whistled, content with her surroundings. Someone observing her might of thought her happy, but she wasn't. She was never outright happy. Her white fur almost glowed in the moonlight, she hated her fur. It was too strange, too noticeable. She climbed to her feet and jumped to a lower branch. She ran along it, looking for a place she could 'acquire' some food for the road. She jumped the six remaining feet to the ground and started walked in no particular direction.

Norham Waterpaw

Tobias heard rustling, and he slowly reached down for his warhammer. Jeremias also heard, and saw the bushes moving, and drew his rapier, slowly, as not to let the creature know they were armed. They watched the bushes some more, and out came a tall, dark furred otter. "Norham, your name is Norham!" Tobias spoke. Tobias knew Norham was in one of his insane fits, but thankfully, he knew what to do. "You are Norham Waterpaw of the Western Shore!"
Norham put down his scimitar, and sat there dazed. He finally perked up and said. "Did it happen again, mates?" Jeremias spoke this time. "Why, yes, it jolly well did happen again, scared me so bad I nearly tossed up that trifle you made, what a waste..." Tobias scolded him again. "Jeremias, when wilt thou learn when friends are more important the the food you shove down thy throat!" Norham held up a paw for silence, he spoke. "Look, if This happens again, what will I do? Today, we were lucky, you seemed to stop me pretty well there Tobi, old mate... But what if I do this again, I could hurt someone!" Tobias then said.
"Look here, old friend, but in your rages, you can be overcome, by me... I would hate to hurt you, but if push comes to shove..." "I know, Tobi, you will shove..."

W0NWILL

Tailli rubbed her nose as she walked, stifling a sneeze. She twirled her tail a bit, alert for sounds. Speech. She immediately scampered up the nearest tree. Her fur would stand out terribly, she cursed it. She searched her dress for any part of it that wasn't needed. She ripped a bit off the end, the dress clearly showed her ankles now. She jumped to the next tree, and the two after that and went out on a branch, holding the brown cloth to her face. Two otters. She watched them curiously, slowing her breathing.

Norham Waterpaw

Tobias, Jeremias, and Norham, slept around the ashes of their fire. A twig snapped, and Norham was awake. He looked around, and a large hedgehog was sitting just on the other side of the fire, acting as if nobody could see him. Norham spoke in a low tone. " Um, who on earth are you?" The hedgehog looked up as if surprised to see him there, along with a tired hare and badger. The hedgehog merely replied. " Don't matter who I am, just matters to me who you are, and why you're in my territory!" Tobias spoke." Well, sir hog, how wast we to know if we had entered thine territory?" " true enough, true enough." Spoke the hedgehog. " The name's Rigjim Garijon, I usually prefer solitude, over company. Sorry for the misunderstanding earlier, waterdog." The hedgehog slowly wandered over, picked up his warhammer, and stalked off into the night.

" A flippin odd fellow if'n you ask me!" Jeremias blurted. Tobias struck him upside the head, once again scolding him about insults and such.

The next day, about mid-afternoon, they hitched up their cart, and travelled east, toward Redwall.

Quickpaw

Vash saw a cart heading towards him from his perch on a tee. The limb he was on was over the path and was full of leaves that hid him. Cash liked this spot, it was good cover, and merchants took it regularly to get to Redwall. Sometimes he wondered what it was like in the abbey, and he even considered hiding in a merchant's cart sometimes to sneak inside. But he knew he'd just be rejected for being a vermin. His train of thought was broken as he heard the sound of the wheels against the trail. The cart was right infront of him now. He prepared to jump down.
I LOVE 80's music.

Norham Waterpaw

Jeremias was wary of the travel already. He slumped off to the side, under a tree. Norham and Tobi both stopped, for they too, were tired. Jeremias stared straight up, hardly noticing the weasel directly above him. Norham knew there might be foe-beasts about, so he drew his scimitar. Tobi got the small oven from the cart, and began preparations to bake a woodland trifle. Norham sniffed the air, something was not quite right. He sensed a presence, and a not so nice presence at that, but he began to chat and eat with his friends.

Quickpaw

Vash watched them for a bit. The food smelled great, but he couldn't get to that. He waited a bit, then quietly dropped down on the other side of the cart, out of sight. He reached his paw in and started grabbing at small items.
I LOVE 80's music.

Norham Waterpaw

Norham could stand it no longer, he stood up, stared hard into the tree, and yelled " come outta that tree, vermin!" There was no reply. He decided it best to check the cart, and as he went around it, he smacked into a weasel.

Quickpaw

Vash had a wide-eyed face, staring at Norham while he was grabbing an apple out of one of their sacks. He started running down the road with surprising speed.
I LOVE 80's music.

Norham Waterpaw

Norham was quick to recover, and when he was about to strike with his sword, he saw the weasel was unarmed as far as he could see, and of an age not much older than he. He decided it best just to guard the cart the rest of the night. As he was waiting, he heard a twig snap in the woods. He drew his longbow. "Come outta there!" Norham yelled. Then, after he spoke, a small mouse came out of the woods.

The mouse said in between sobs. "Redwall be's unda ataack!" "Big white wilecat!"

Quickpaw

After awhile, Vash stopped and looked back. He'd lost the creature. Or had the beast never given chase in the first place? No, that wouldn't happen. What beast in there right mind wouldn't chase somebeast who had stolen some of their food, especially a weasel. He had spent all this time catching his breath and thinking, that he hadn't even looked ahead. What he saw was Redwall, and it was under attack.
I LOVE 80's music.