News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Norham (Completed)

Started by Norham Waterpaw, March 06, 2013, 01:11:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KitrallStreamrippler

Antura ambled along through the forest toward Redwall Abbey. She smiled. Ah, home. She dearly loved the old place, but she was a traveler by nature. The otter often went on long excursions throughout Mossflower, seeking adventure- and vermin. She had had an exciting trip this time, and couldn't wait to tell her friends about it. Her happy thoughts were interrupted by a ruckus up ahead. It sounded like some sort of trouble. Was Redwall being attacked? Antura hurried through the trees- and smashed right into a weasel. She quickly picked herself up and grabbed the front of his tunic before he could get away. "What are you doin' here, weasel? What's happenin' at the abbey? Speak!" she growled menacingly.
A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of woes and shattered shields, when the age of men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight!

Quickpaw

"But, I-um...you see. I don't know!" He told her quickly. Was she with that other group? What did it matter, she was going to snap him in two either way.
I LOVE 80's music.

KitrallStreamrippler

Antura glared suspiciously at the young weasel in her grip. "What d'ye mean you don't know? What's your business?"
A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of woes and shattered shields, when the age of men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight!

Quickpaw

"I don't! I don't know what's going on! I just got here!" he said, frantically trying to escape her grip.
I LOVE 80's music.

KitrallStreamrippler

Antura sighed. She could see that the weasel was scared, but she needed information. She was still suspicious of the vermin, but some inner instinct told her to trust him. "Quit that squirmin'- I'm going to let go of you now. I won't hurt you unless you try to run. Now tell me why you're here. Please." The otter loosened her grip, letting the weasel loose.

Quickpaw

"I was just eating some food." He said, backing away and thinking about running.
I LOVE 80's music.

Norham Waterpaw

All thought of running flew from Vash's mind when Rigjim, the old hermit-hog, walked in on their conversation. He pointed his warhammer in the weasel's direction. "What is this walking garbage pile doin' in my woods?!?" He walked over and picked up Vash by the scruff of his neck, none too gently.
"Where did you get that apple?" Rigjim spoke.
------------------------------
Norham and his friends were rushing down the dirt path that lead to Redwall, arming themselves, Jeremias with his rapier and sling, Tobias with his enourmous warhammer, and Norham, with his scimitar and longbow. None of them had been in a fight for a while, well, they had no need, one look at a big, warhammer-wielding badger sent most running. They saw Redwall, the front gate was being hammered by large catapults. Archers kept a constant hail of arrows on the walltops, rendering defending redwallers useless.
Hey you! What? Expecting a great quote or some heart-warming poem? Too bad, my signature is just boring. Stop reading it. Stop it. Why are you still reading it?

Quickpaw

"Garbage? Let me guess, just cause I'm a weasel?" Vash said, pulling out his knife from seemingly nowhere. "Put me down now." Vash said, putting the knife against Rigjim's wrist. "Before I cut myself free." he added.
I LOVE 80's music.

KitrallStreamrippler

Antura decided to step in before things got out of paw. "Put that knife away! And you- put him down. I gave him that apple. He's-" Well, she had lied once already... "-traveling with me." She heard the noise from the abbey grow louder and knew now that it was a battle. She stood tensely, waiting for a reaction.

Quickpaw

"I-yes, I am." he said, pushing himself out of Rigjim's grip. He walked over to Antura.
I LOVE 80's music.

KitrallStreamrippler

Antura gave an inward sigh of relief, then adressed Rigjim. "Thank you for releasing my friend. Redwall is under attack and I- we are needed right away. Excuse us." She turned and walked swiftly towards the abbey, motioning for Vash to follow.

Quickpaw

Vash quickly followed. It was a better option than being stuck with the beast that wanted him dead. "Hey, thanks a lot." he told her quietly, catching up with her.
I LOVE 80's music.

KitrallStreamrippler

She hesitated before answering, but her reply was friendly enough. "You're welcome. To be honest, I don't know why I did it. Usually, I'm the one who's getting rid of vermin." The otter walked on in silence for a moment, then suddenly stopped and offered her paw. "I'm going to help in the battle now, but you don't have to come. If you do, I'll let the Redwallers know, though. So you're not attacked. By the way, my name is Antura."

Quickpaw

"Vash." he replied after some thinking. He shook the paw with his. "But I'm no good at fighting." Vash told her. "'Fraid I can't help, even if I wanted to. Guess I owe you one, though." He said to her.
I LOVE 80's music.

KitrallStreamrippler

Antura flashed a quick smile. "That's fine. I can hold my own. But if you ever get me out of such a tight spot, I'll make sure you get the best meal of your life. I guess I'll see you around." She nodded politely to Vash and hurried on toward Redwall. When the otter got there, she emerged from the trees on the abbey's east side, around the back. Looking around and seeing nobeast, she called up to the walltops. "Hello! Is anybeast there? Open the wallgate- it's Antura!"