News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

LEAST favorite "good" race

Started by Blaggut, August 22, 2013, 07:56:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What is your LEAST favorite "good" race?

Otter
3 (4.1%)
Hare
6 (8.1%)
Squirrel
4 (5.4%)
Mice
8 (10.8%)
Mole
10 (13.5%)
Hedgehog
19 (25.7%)
Shrew
16 (21.6%)
Badger
8 (10.8%)

Total Members Voted: 74

Ashleg

The only mole I really liked was the one in Mossflower...whatsisname...

The Skarzs

Young Dinny? I really like him too.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Ashleg

Nadaz, voice of the host

hares are just so gluttonous its hard to like them
It matters not what you fight, but what you fight for.

Ashleg

I liked the earlier hares, but the the ones from post-Taggerung Redwall I did not like. They all felt like a cardboard cut-out of the same character, just more annoying each time.

Krantor the Brutal

Basil and Ballaw are the two good hares and the ones from The Long Patrol and Rakkety Tam too.
"Friends, if I advance, follow me! If I retreat, kill me! If I die, avenge me!" - Henri de la Rochejaquelein

Gonff the Mousethief

Hmm, well, I don't really dislike any of the species. Now if voles were on there I would be hitting that option so dadgum fast. I guess shrews? I mean, near the end they always felt like a cheap plot devise, though they were brilliant in the beginning.
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

The Skarzs

I loved the shrews in Redwall and Mossflower. It was somewhere in the middle of the series that they just went bland.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Maudie

Quote from: Nadaz, voice of the host on November 05, 2017, 10:18:25 PM
hares are just so gluttonous its hard to like them

Hmm, the only hare that I thought was gluttonous to the point of being annoying was Scarum. Other than him I really like hares.

I'd say my least favorite good species is probably mice. I felt like the mouse characters were generally boring and all the same, with a few notable exceptions. Most of the mice just kind of blurred together.
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

Krantor the Brutal

Quote from: Gonff the Mousethief on November 06, 2017, 04:40:39 AM
Hmm, well, I don't really dislike any of the species. Now if voles were on there I would be hitting that option so dadgum fast. I guess shrews? I mean, near the end they always felt like a cheap plot devise, though they were brilliant in the beginning.

There is a lot of reasons to hate voles, they have that deceptive OR whiney dispisition which is annoying.
"Friends, if I advance, follow me! If I retreat, kill me! If I die, avenge me!" - Henri de la Rochejaquelein