RP: Trouble on the Horizon

Started by Nightfire, July 28, 2011, 01:39:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nightfire

"Well, we're from the Northlands. I'm sure there's tales flyin' about your abbey about the legendary Rakkety Tam MacBurl. We're from the same area as 'im. And as fer what we do, well..." Nightfire pointed at her longbow and her dirk. "Yeah, we fight vermin. An' every warrior 'as to feel fear, so yeah, we get scared sometimes. Depends on what yer fightin', I guess. An' we've traveled from the far Northern shores all the way down to Castle Floret in Southsward. The world kin be a dangerous place, young 'un. If'n ye ever want to git out there an' explore it, I advise ye find somebeast to teach ye about fightin' first. Hold up there!" She halted Georgie and took a few steps forward, her nose twitching. "Vermin!" She ran outside, unslinging her bow and readying an arrow. She bounded up to the wall tops, and fired off her arrow at the first vermin she saw, a stoat. "Eeeeeayyyeeehh!" She shreiked when she saw the mostrous face of a wearat. She vaulted down from the walltop, unsheathing her dirk and leaping at the beast. "Yayalahoooooooooooo!!!" She screamed, lunging at the beast in a full bloodwrath rage.
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Icefire

OOC: Holy cow! That's a lot of squirrels! Anyways...

BIC: Unaware of the trouble outside, Abbess Violet was still shaking her head in amazement. "80 squirrels? My goodness!"

Meryoran asked, "Should I go warn the friar, Abbess?"

"Hm, what? Oh yes, Mery, do go warn him...and you might lend a hand in the kitchens. There should be plenty to do to prepare for these last minute guests."

"Yes, Mother Abbess"

As she started to walk away, a yell from outside froze them both, "Yayalahoooooooooooooo!!!"
Living in peace, aye many a season,
Calm in life and sound in reason,,
'Til evil arrives, a wicked horde,
Driving a warrior to pick up his sword,
The challenger rings then, straight and fair,
Justice is with us, beware. Beware!

Nightfire

Nightfire viciously battered away at the wearat, stabbing savagly with her dirk. She has so far only managed to slash his arms though, and he knocked the dirk from her paw. Like a rabid animal, she ripped at him with her sharp teeth and claws, the bloodwrath burning hot and bright in her eyes. With a quick move, the wearat got under her defenses and slashed at her throat with his claws. He missed, but instead bashed her head, ripping off her ear. She fell back from the force of the blow, feeling unconciousness overwhelm her. The wearat growled in triumph, stepping forward for the kill.

OOC: Yes, I know bloodwrath-enraged beasties are not supposed to feel any weakness unliut after the battle, but it was a hard blow to the head, and I don't want to make Nightfire seem invincible. The rest of my post will be from Zara's point of view. BIC:

"Zara saw her leader go down, and she howled in rage. "Eeeeeaayyyyeeeeeeehhhh!!!" She lunged at the wearat, with such a rage that he was driven back by the ferocity of it. She yelled at Ambriya. "Nightfire's down! Carry her to the abbey and see if you can get the Redwallers to give aid! We don't have enough numbers to fight against this horde!" She continued to fend of the wearat, praying that her leader would be alright.

OOC: And yes, I know I'm ripping off the otter clan warcry from High Rhulain. I couldn't think of anything better. 'Haway the Braw' was a warcry that just seemed a bit stupid to me for a bunch of tough northern squirrels to be shouting. BIC:
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Skalrag of Marshank

Rooke glanced at Abbess Violet.

"Want me to go check it out, marm?" the young otter reached for the quarter staff that leaned against his chair.

"That might be a good idea," the mother abbess nodded her head. "Why don't you get some others--"

But Rooke was already gone.
"With great chocolate comes great responsibility."
  ~ Larry Boy

Nightfire

Zara knew she couldn't keep it up for too long. She hoped some Redwallers would actually notice the fray and come help. 80 squirrels, no matter how tough, just couldn't last long against three hundred vermin plus a wearat. She pulled out her Sgain Dhu and started stabbing viciously at the wearat, trying to keep him at bay while protecting the unconcious form of Nightfire.

Tiria Wildlough

Ambriya was in the thick of the battle, flailing her twin swords. She was yelling, 'Hawaaay the braaaw! Ah'll show ye hae a northern squirrel fights! Hawaaay the braaaw!'
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Hálig

Georgie stood stock still a bit aways from all this, terrified out of her wits. She watched with huge eyes as a rat towered over her, ready to slice her to bits with his large sword.
Click here to visit my site!

Proud Doctor Who fan!

Skalrag of Marshank

Rooke ran over to Georgie, screaming, "Redwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaall!!!!"

The otter slammed the butt of the staff onto the rat's head, and the rat groaned  in pain before toppling over in a heap.
  ~ Larry Boy

Icefire

Meryoran ran out of the abbey after Rooke, "ROOKE! I want to help, too! What should I do?"

Skalrag of Marshank

Rooke glanced at Meryoran.

"Uh...sure..." the otter stopped talking to thrust his staff into an approaching fox's stomach. "Get one're two of those staves behind the gatehouse. Can you shoot?"
  ~ Larry Boy

Icefire

Meryoran replied, "I don't know! I guess I'll find out!"
And then ran over to the gatehouse with absolutely no clue what she was doing......just know that she wants to help protect her home.

Hálig

"Uh, th-thanks, Rooke!"

Georgie darted off, escaping the fray. Quite by mistake, she found herself behind the gatehouse. Well, she thought, the least I can do is to help Rooke and the others by way of thanks. Grabbing one of the staves, she snuck away quietly before Meryoran could ask her what she was doing. Georgie jumped out and immediately knocked a rat senseless just by swinging her stave this way and that.
Click here to visit my site!

Proud Doctor Who fan!

Icefire

Meryoran decided to follow suit, grabbed a stave, and nearly got hit over the head by a rat before she had a chance to use it! She squealed and smacked him in the stomach with stave. This didn't really hurt him, just stunned him for a minute. Long enough for her to try hitting him on the head....that was more effective and he fell down unconscious.

Skalrag of Marshank

Rooke felled vermin left and right, making a sort of path to the unconscious squirrel.

He snuck up behind the Wearat and raised his staff, but the staff was kicked aside by a white vixen, who threw herself onto him and began scratching at him savagely.

Rooke tried pushing the vixen off of him, but she maintained a tight grip.
  ~ Larry Boy

Nightfire

Quote from: Tiria Wildlough on August 06, 2011, 09:35:44 AM
Ambriya was in the thick of the battle, flailing her twin swords. She was yelling...
OOC: Sorry, what's our battle cry, Nightfire?

OOC: I use 'yayalaho' or 'eehayeeh' drawn out. But you can use whatever warcry you want. My squirrel asked for your help. Could you please go back and look at what I asked? Then you can ponder whether or not to help with that. BIC:

Zara flailed her Sgain Dhu at the wearat's face, fending him off for the moment. She looked around wildly for the second-in-command. "Ambriya!" she called. "Nightfire is down! Help! Bring her to the abbey!" she continued fighting, feeling her strength beginning to wane.