News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Long Patrol

Started by Log-a-Log, August 03, 2011, 08:33:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redwall Musician

Quote from: Skalrag of Marshank on August 16, 2011, 06:05:11 PM
Quote from: White One6193 on August 16, 2011, 05:51:00 PM
My vote is cast with that most infamous of gluttons, that paragon of harely virtue: Basil Stag Hare! And of course the Sergeant from Long Patrol. "I'll have yore guts fer garters, and your tails for tea."

Yes, Basil Stag is absoflippinlutely my favorite. ;D

But I don't think he was part of the Long Patrol.
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

Skalrag of Marshank

"With great chocolate comes great responsibility."
  ~ Larry Boy

Taggerung_of_Redwall

Actually, Basil was part of the Fur and Foot Fighting Patrol, a branch of the Long Patrol. He was known to be once in that position from Mattimeo.
Start building something beautiful and just put the hate away

Redwall Musician

Quote from: Taggerung_of_Redwall on August 16, 2011, 06:11:15 PM
Actually, Basil was part of the Fur and Foot Fighting Patrol, a branch of the Long Patrol. He was known to be once in that position from Mattimeo.

Oh, okay. I guess I didn't remember that part. Here is where I put my face in palm.
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

Janglur Swifteye

Lieutenant Oxeye, or Major Perigord.

Janglur Swifteye

Quote from: Tiria Wildlough on August 04, 2011, 07:13:36 AM
Horty wasn't a Long Patrol hare, actually.
My favourite is probably the one that bird calls 'Brigadier Wotwot' in Rakkety Tam. Or maybe Midge Manycoats.  8)

If you read the epilogue. of loamhedge, you would know that Horty did in fact become Captain Hortwill Longblade Braebuck of the Long Patrol

Tiria Wildlough

My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Captain Tammo

Hey tiria! You have 999 posts ;D I think that's more than anyone on the site!

I think that Tammo and Rubbadub were the best, why? Because what other creature in redwall could sound better than a drum without a drum? And Tammo because, to me, he was the most realistic. He didn't have any special powers like Martin II or have martins sword and that's why he won. He had one dream from him that didn't tell him what to do, but who to ask. Also, I noticed there was no personal dispute between him and Damug Warfang. He was just an all around average hare that you always hear about in the background of the story. That's why I think it's so interesting. Mr. Jacques really got this book right IMO
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Flandor

I love how the Long Patrol operates like a real military.  I do Civil War reenactments and it's cool to see a group in Redwall that mirrors my company for reenactment.

I liked Sergeant Clubrush, from The Long Patrol, because he acted like a father to the company which is what our Sergeant does.

I also liked Clary, Thyme, and Rosie from Mariel of Redwall, Tarquin as well.

And Basil Stag Hare.  Because he is epic.
"Each of us is born to follow a star, be it bright and shining or dark and fated."
-Rillbrook the Wanderer, son of Rillbrook the Wanderer, Grandson of Rillbrook the Wanderer

Plugg Firetail

Quote from: Captain Tammo on November 24, 2011, 03:20:40 PM
Hey tiria! You have 999 posts ;D I think that's more than anyone on the site!

I think that Tammo and Rubbadub were the best, why? Because what other creature in redwall could sound better than a drum without a drum? And Tammo because, to me, he was the most realistic. He didn't have any special powers like Martin II or have martins sword and that's why he won. He had one dream from him that didn't tell him what to do, but who to ask. Also, I noticed there was no personal dispute between him and Damug Warfang. He was just an all around average hare that you always hear about in the background of the story. That's why I think it's so interesting. Mr. Jacques really got this book right IMO

Actually, Nightfire has like a 1, 500 posts.

Captain Tammo

O wow.... That's crazy!!!
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Skipper

Quote from: Tiria Wildlough on August 04, 2011, 07:13:36 AM
Horty wasn't a Long Patrol hare, actually.
My favourite is probably the one that bird calls 'Brigadier Wotwot' in Rakkety Tam. Or maybe Midge Manycoats.  8)
if you read the end of loamhedge it says that horty is in the long patrol

Plugg Firetail

I think Tammo is a bit overated. I mean come on, he's just a regular soldier out of thousands, leads a scouting party and fights in a battle. Then the book gives him the most credit.

Captain Tammo

Quote from: Plugg Firetail on November 26, 2011, 01:05:20 AM
I think Tammo is a bit overated. I mean come on, he's just a regular soldier out of thousands, leads a scouting party and fights in a battle. Then the book gives him the most credit.

The book doesn't give him most of the credit, it's just his story, so it's about him. The only significant thing that happened to him was Martin spoke to him in a dream and it said ask midge what to do. So it was Midge's plan, not Tammo's. So either Midge or Martin would get the credit for that whole idea of sneaking into the rapscallions camp. Also, the fact that he's just a regular soldier makes it that much more interesting and, if anything, makes it the opposite of overrated (whatever that word is). Think about it, he never used martins sword or killed the main villain. And he didn't become general of the long patrol after the book, just a simple, yet respectable rank of captain. So in conclusion, it was the story of a simple hare who joined the long patrol with no super powers or killing the main villain, but just his personal journey.

Tiria Wildlough

My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.