News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

The AbbeyCraft Minecraft Server is open...now what?

Started by cryptopur, January 16, 2014, 01:34:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Amber

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

321tumbler

The pictures are great! Hope to get on someday.

Captain Tammo

Oh man that's awesome!!! Nice work! :D
On a separate note, I'm building a village exactly 8,000 blocks North of Redwall's main gate! Much of it is already done and residents are already moving in, but we need more to make it official. If any of you would like to take on the challenge of trekking from Redwall to the other side of the Northern mountains and be rewarded with a bunch of food and a place to build a house, this is for you! If a house seems like a bit too much, then try taking on the journey, it's something to be proud of! And better yet, we'll have plenty of supplies and food waiting for you when you get there! :) But try to avoid TPing or flying there. It takes away from the fun ;)
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

The Phantom Squee

Hey there!  I just stumbled across AbbeyCraft myself, and since I just recently got back into Minecraft, I thought I'd give it a go.  I can't seem to connect to the server, though--I get a message saying it's using an older version.  Is there something I should be doing on my end, or have I missed the train?

VedCassib

Quote from: The Phantom Squee on April 21, 2014, 07:03:03 AM
Hey there!  I just stumbled across AbbeyCraft myself, and since I just recently got back into Minecraft, I thought I'd give it a go.  I can't seem to connect to the server, though--I get a message saying it's using an older version.  Is there something I should be doing on my end, or have I missed the train?

That just means the guys at Soma don't have the server set up for the latest version yet. There's a quick and easy way to fix it. When you open the Minecraft launcher, click edit profile. Then find the Version Selection area of the settings. Click on the dropdown menu next to Use Version, and select the version the server is running right now. At the time of this post the version the server is running is 1.7.2. Hope that helps!

The Phantom Squee

I figured it was just a matter of changing versions, yeah.  Just wasn't sure how to go about doing so.  Thanks!  It looks like I'm able to connect now.  Glad to hear I haven't missed out by being late to the party!

Blinn

Does anyone actually go on the server anymore? I've been there 3 times and nobody else was.

Cornflower MM

Honestly? I have no clue. I don't do Minecraft or Abbeycraft....I'll sniff around, yes?

Middlelioness

Hello all!

I'm new to minecraft, but caved and bought the game to play the Abbey Craft map. And the single person map I downloaded works fine, looks brilliant, all that jazz.  ;D

But I thought I'd get on the multi-player server to look at the things people have built and couldn't log on. The message I got when I tried said that the server was out of date.

"Failed to connect to the server. Outdated server! I'm still on 1.7.2"

What does that mean exactly? Is it a problem with the server? Or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks

- EDIT: Oops. never mind! There's a post about this that I didn't see. Well don't I feel ridiculous.......
"Stories make us more alive, more human, more courageous, more loving."
Madeleine L'Engle

Cornflower MM

It;s okay, Middle. (May I call you that?) I do that all the time. Among other things.......*Chuckles at self*

Bionerd314

I think the abbey looks amazing, but I was hoping for something totally different regarding the gameplay. All you can do right now is build, and I was expecting a place where you could select a kit (ex. Shrew mouse ...) and custom spawned "vermin" zombies. I was hoping each kit would have something special like cellerhogs taping barrels and squirrels climbing trees.

If you think this is not possible in the slightly limited medium of minecraft, I know for a fact that I could easily make those things and MUCH more using only command blocks and other minecraft blocks/redefine components.
Mangiz "I wil not stand here and be insulted by this hedgepig!"
Ambrose Spike "Than stand somewhere else and I'll insult you there!"

The Guosim is EPIC!!
So is Timbalisto!!
And math, science, biology, shushi, chocolate, minecraft, moles, Charles Darwin, the Galapagos, and a whole lot of other

Bionerd314

I would be willing to do that stuff, but I would obviously have to be a mod :)
There would also have to be a few mods/plugins installed and I can't do that sort of stuff sorry :(

With the multiverse plugin, I could easily make a tapestry to go in the great hall.
Mangiz "I wil not stand here and be insulted by this hedgepig!"
Ambrose Spike "Than stand somewhere else and I'll insult you there!"

The Guosim is EPIC!!
So is Timbalisto!!
And math, science, biology, shushi, chocolate, minecraft, moles, Charles Darwin, the Galapagos, and a whole lot of other

Cornflower MM

Bionerd, do you the shiny Modify button at the top right corner of your post? (I don't know why we call it shiny. We just do.) Well, double-posting is frowned upon, unless it's in your personal Fan Fiction/Artwork thread, or bumping old topics. So, enter the Modify button!

Rusvul

Yeah. 'Slightly limited' is actually an overstatement- Minecraft has almost no limits in what is possible. Heck, I've made a fully functioning Holy Nova spell with a big explosion and sounds and everything. Command blocks are versatile.

I'm not familiar with Multiverse, how would you make a tapestry?