News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Marvel (Comics, Movies, TV Shows)

Started by Søren, December 19, 2014, 03:37:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gonff the Mousethief

*Heavy Breathing*

S-S-S-Spider-Man... It was too good, too good. That level of goodness shouldn't be allowed in theatres, nuh uh. Oh I loved it so much. So much. (Y'all need to see this movie).
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

Jukka the Sling

Glad you liked it!  It looks like an amazing movie.

Hopefully I'll be able to watch it online eventually, while censoring the one suggestive part my dad freaked out over.  I already went and ruined like every plot twist for myself, though. :P
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Jetthebinturong

I'm seeing it on Tuesday. Can't wait!
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Jukka the Sling

I just read a theory speculating that Hela could turn out to be Loki's mother in Ragnarok.  Of course, in the comics, she was sort of Loki's daughter (sort of, because he magically created her and it was complicated).  But this theory actually makes a ton of sense for the MCU.  Even in his Jotun form, Loki doesn't look like other Frost Giants, which could imply that his mother wasn't one.  And if Hela turns out to be the MCU's version of Death, it would put an interesting spin on Thanos's interactions with Loki (assuming Thanos was aware of his parentage).

I dunno, I just thought this theory was super cool.  Here's hoping they actually do it.  It would make Loki's path in Ragnarok even more interesting if he suddenly discovered Hela was his mother.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

The Skarzs

Thanos would not like Loki even more, then.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Jukka the Sling

Probably so.

By the way, it looks like we could be getting an an Infinity War trailer with the release of Ragnarok.  I'm so excited for both movies!!!  I just hope all my hopes aren't dashed...

The Skarzs

I have hope. Marvel has been pretty good about their movies' quality so far.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Jetthebinturong

Homecoming was fantastic! Easily the best Spider-Man film to date, and one of the best MCU films. At the moment it's between Homecoming and GotG Vol. 2 for me.

The final confrontation scenes were absolute perfection.

Spoiler

Also I'm mad about the Iron Spider tease. Maybe we'll get Amadeus Cho in future and he'll don the suit. I prefer the original Iron Spider design though, and it would've looked awesome if they brought it to life. Ah well.

Also, I feel like the dude with the scar is going to become important.

Also the after-credits scene was the best troll of all time.
[close]

If I have one complaint about the film, it kinda felt like RDJ was phoning it in at the end there. He seemed very off and not very Tony. His gestures felt too... exaggerated? Direct? Idk, it's just a feeling I got.

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Søren

Quote from: Jukka the Sling on July 09, 2017, 02:58:35 AM
Glad you liked it!  It looks like an amazing movie.

Hopefully I'll be able to watch it online eventually, while censoring the one suggestive part my dad freaked out over.  I already went and ruined like every plot twist for myself, though. :P
...What was suggestive?
I do agree that the new Spider Man movie was, by far, the best Spidey movie I've seen. That's saying a lot, considering how I favored the Amazing Spider-Man series.

I'm retired from the forum

Jetthebinturong

Even The Amazing Spider-Man 2? *Shudder*

There's literally one suggestive line. Predictably, it was Tony that said it, in the car at the beginning.

Lady Amber

Jukka meant the stupid teenage girls playing a... different version of "Kiss, marry, kill."

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Lady Amber

"Kiss, marry, kill" is a game where someone lists a group of people and then the other person decides, out of that group, who they would kiss, who they would marry, and who they would kill.

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.