Started by Hickory, April 08, 2015, 11:47:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

James Gryphon

« Subject to editing »

Hickory

I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Jukka the Sling

Sorry for how long it's been taking me to post, guys.  I intend to soon.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Fatch of Southsward

I also apologize. I believe I missed an entire round. Thank you for not murdering me just yet.
~ The best way to pay for a happy moment is to enjoy it ~

a crumb

Just a quick note about the newest post.
Per my post, the cyborg mallards began agitating for worker rights AFTER they were cybernetisized, not before; there were four minutes of cybernetics-driven productivity before the revolution started (apparently thanks to Hickory).

Also, that previous sentence is worth just admiring for a moment.

Hickory

Wait... Jasper's post has it so that the ducks were cyborgs before I proclaimed myself duck king... when mine had it so that they only became cybernetic after I started my plan.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Jasper

My post was made with the intention of adding to the story in that regard. (So that there was unrest both before and after cyber-transformation)

They began agitating for rights, so I made them Cyborgs bent to my will and upgraded their contracts. Then Hickory reprogrammed one to "Turn them all against me."

When I typed that phrase, I was trying to say that he once again turned them back to demanding worker's rights. So, in my point of view, there were two separate instances of civil unrest. Hopefully this makes sense.

In conclusion, in my eyes there were two separate instances of unrest. I'm fairly certain this fits acceptably. Let me know if you would like me to edit.

Apologies for the unclear wording. I can see why this was confusing.

a crumb

Since you explained your logic here, I don't think you need to edit. As long as everything we've written is interpreted appropriately, I think we're fine.

a crumb

It took the equivalent of two The Smiths albums to write that post. I had to cut a really dumb joke about Jasper and tying people to a pole. I hope you all can forgive me.

The constraints of James Gryphon's, and how well Jasper's post boxed me in, made that the hardest post I've done.

Jasper

Awwww mann. I like tying the rebellious servants to poles.  :(

You'll have to let me know what the joke would have been. Haha!  :D

Jasper

Sorry to double post.

@Hickory I'm just waiting on you, then I may post again.

James Gryphon

Next phase will begin soon; I haven't forgotten y'all.
« Subject to editing »

a crumb

I'll have a post up once I have more time. Life and all that.
As with last round, the post won't address every allegation. I seem to have found that countering a 1000 word post that way would just end up with a 2000 word post. So...more new material. Way too bogged down otherwise to just relitigate. unless it's ferrets

James Gryphon

Welp, it's down to you now, to continue the legacy. Fitting, I suppose.

@Jasper
« Subject to editing »

Jasper

Wow! I won?! Awesome!  ;) I didn't think I was gonna make it!

@a crumb I wanted to go all out so badly! If I wasn't bogged down in tests and school it would have been legendary! There were lots of times where I thought I was a goner. You are a fantastic player! Good game!

@James Gryphon Well done hosting a tough round with activity being a problem. I appreciate you keeping it going like this a lot. OO would be dead without you. The forum would be dead without you. Cheers mate. I will get a new round going soon. (Or the signups of said round going soon.)

@Fatch of Southsward Get rekt. Didn't even last to the last round, ya clown!