Main Menu

[RECIPE] Otter Hotroot Soup

Started by Wylder Treejumper, May 06, 2015, 11:31:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wylder Treejumper

From The Redwall Kitchen

Otter Hotroot Soup

-Ten Pawfuls Paprika
-Three Pawfuls Ground Pepper (or Peppercorns)
-Three green onions (diced)
-Two cups Pure spring water
-One clove elephant garlic (diced)(optional)
-1 pawfull Chili powder
-One cup Freshwater Shrimp

Mix water, pepper and paprika together and heat it for 5 minues at the lowest possible temprature. Slowly add green oinions, shrimp and garlic. Slow boil it and let it cool for 1 minute. Add chili powder and enjoy. Vary the amount of pepper depending on how spicy a soup you want. Very good but spicy!

This recipe was contributed by Andrea Jaszlics.
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Lady Ashenwyte

Ooh, I was thinking of making this recipe but do you need green onions? I dislike onions.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Wylder Treejumper

The recipe varies to taste, especially as it does not use actual ingredient measurements. Not having tested the recipe myself yet, I couldn't say. I've been working on developing my own "Hotroot Soup", but water-based soups are my achilles heel as a cook- I don't usually like any type of 'em myself. That makes it hard to develop one I deem acceptable.

My personal recommendation would be to use this more detailed recipe: Hotroot Soup
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.