RP: A Tale of Reedbind: Quest for Justice

Started by BrookSkimmer, September 20, 2011, 11:03:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrookSkimmer

OOC: Welcome to the official thread of the the first Tale of Reedbind! If you wish to join in please make sure you are signed in on the OOC thread for this RP first!

Rules:
Please post at least two sentences when you add to the thread.
Please do not Godmod (write what other people's characters are doing) without permission.
Please roughly follow the storyline as stated in the OOC thread
Have a great time!
Shuffer Rushtide had outdone himself! Never had the end of summer feast been so delicious! Cockel and shrimp hotroot soup, fish stew, streamed trout, potato and scallion pie, honey oat scones, wheat farls, chestnut cream flan, cakes, pies, puddings! It was all wonderful! The hefty otter cook of Holt Rushtide came in bearing a platter on a reed cart.

"It's been a wonnerful seasons maties! This snapper was caught yesterday eventide as has been baking since then! Enjoy!" There were gasps of amazement as the cook uncovered the dish. The sweet aroma of the fish cooked to a turn filled the dining chamber as the Head of the Holt Shring Rushtide took a bite.

"Well stap me rudder tis excellent! Best fish I've ever wrapped me muzzle around! Dig in everybeast!" The sea otter quaffed a tankard of nettle beer and smiled to his mate. Eloyna was a sleek and athletic river otter. He chided he husband. "Such manners Shring! No wonder our young ones are so unruly with a leader like you to look up to!
_____

A battalion of fifty birds moved towards the Holt. They had heard that the otters had what they were always in need of. Food, drink, and young ones to labor for them!

"CaCaaaw! Ready all on my call!" A one eyed magpie cocked his head towards the Holt below. "We must take young ones to serve our Lord!"

A chorus of harsh caws resounded. The air horde of Lord Bloodwing was coming... 

Shinella

Whiteflower smiled prettily as she took a delicate bite of the fish, her face immediately lit up with pleasure. The sound of the birds blended with the noises around her, she didn't even notice.
Yesterday is history... Tomorrow is a mystery... Today is a gift... and that's why its called - The Present...

Mad Maudie

OOC am i otter number 1 or 2?

BIC Searose was eating a big mouthful when she noticed one of the otters sitting next to her was looking at her while eating his food. "Look at someone else!" she said as she whirled her slingshot at him and knocked him out cold hoping no one had seen her. She started sipping her drink. Searose had a nice temper most of the time she was amazingly pretty but hated it when a otter looked at her she could only stand a couple of the Men in the Holt. but only a couple.  
Cause you are the piece of me I wish I didn't need
Chasing relentlessly and I don't know why
If our love's tragedy why are you my remedy?
If our love's insanity why are you my clarity?
Why are you my clarity?

~Clarity~~Zedd~

Skipper

Oakpaw called out to shring Rushtide "hey Shring, are you up too a little hotroot soup contest" Oakpaw ajusted his dirk straps and flexed his muscles as he waited for Shring's reply

BrookSkimmer

(ooc: You are otter 1 Maudie)

bic:

The otter leader laughed heartily as Oakpaw offered him challenge.

"Aye friend Oakpaw! Otter hotroot soup eating it is! Shuffer, set up the bowls!" As the cook set out a cauldron of soup and wood bowls and spoons Shring eyed the other otter. "Think ye can best your own Captain eh Oak? Ye'll be cryin' tears o' 'otroot when I'm finished with ye!"

Eloya merely shook her head slowly back and forth. "That 'usband o' mine..."
____

"Now! Caaacaw!"

The harsh cry rang out as the birds dived towards the rush ceiling of the dining area. Coming down fast, beak first, they hoped to crash through and take the otters by surprise.
_____

"Birds! Sound the alarm!" The sentries began to sound the alarm as the birds came down. A few birds were felled by arrows from those on watch. The watch otters were slain by sheer force of numbers as the birds pounded into the dining area.

"Otters to arms! We're under attack" Shring sprang up and began to whirl a sling. Hopefully he and his warriors could fend off the attack...

Skipper

Oakpaw got out his dirks and twirled them skillfully he was a flash of fur as he thrust left, right, upwards, downwards and center, he called out to them "WHEN YOU GET TO THE DARK FOREST, TELL THEM OAKPAW SENT YOU!"

Mad Maudie

Searose had been peacefully eating her her soop when the birds came. She grabbed her sabre from her sheath and started fighting off the birds.

OOC sorry it is not much i do not know the hole thing so i do not know where to go with it :) :) :-[ :-[
Why are you my clarity?

~Clarity~~Zedd~

Skipper

Oakpaw grittd his teeth as a raven latched his talons into his lft arm, he thrust upwards and pierced the birds wing the bird flew off afer clawing the rest of his arm

Shinella

Whiteflower was automatically up, her sling already in her paw, a stone in it. She waded fiercely in, screaming all the war cries she could think of at the top of her voice. "Wham! Thwack! Crack! Shwing!" she hit some birds over their heads, others she let a stone loose on, sometimes she only managed to get beaks and talons when the birds swung for retaliation.
Yesterday is history... Tomorrow is a mystery... Today is a gift... and that's why its called - The Present...

Redwall Musician

Dewdrop cried. She grabbed the nearest thing to her, a knife. She used to to push off the bird which had charged at her. A look of happiness spread across her face. A perfect hit! She saw the blood on her knife. She charged head on into the battle. She was smiling as a bird headed towards her. She didn't notice one come up behind her and hit her with talon. She fell to the ground, knocked out cold.
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

Shinella

Whiteflower thwacked a bird over its skull, but this certain carrion happened to have quite a thick skull. When Whiteflower turned to fight off another feather-bag, the one bird, half-dazed, crashed into her, she fell to the ground, and her sling, which had been in mid-swing came crashing onto the back of her skull, she saw stars, and then was lost to the world.

Mad Maudie

Why are you my clarity?

~Clarity~~Zedd~

Redwall Musician

..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

Skipper

Oakpaw was fighting like a madbeast he was bellowing all the things he thought of the birds, he decided to try and get everyone together but his voice was dround out by the noise of the battle

Muse

The massive crow Lord Bloodwings lifted his vermillion-streaked wings to the sky and cawed. "Kraaaaa! Kill streandogs! Kill riverdogs!" He disdainfully grabbed a passing otter, flew as high as he could, and dropped the poor beast. It hit the ground with a thud, bouncing and rolling.
Do not fear the unknown. It cannot hurt you.
What is truly worth fearing is the known.
By Muse