News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Million Dollars, but. . .

Started by James Gryphon, December 26, 2015, 04:09:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

James Gryphon

Quote from: SkarzsWould you take a million dollars, even if there was a catch?

Rules of the game are simple: Ask the person below you if they would take a million dollars, even if it means they have to go through a goofy scenario as part of the deal. Repetition of the questions are allowed.

Original thread here.

Quote from: PerifaenYep.

If you could only talk in questions for the next two and a half years.
Well, I think I ought to take that deal, don't you think? One million for one temporary annoying quirk is a fair tradeoff, isn't it?

If the bugs on this forum never got fixed?
« Subject to editing »

Eulaliaaa!

Sure. We could still use this forum, and the back up forum. Besides, I would put money into fixing this forum.

If you had massive, feathered wings on your back but you could never use them?
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

Groddil

Course, I'd just get them removed.

If you were reduced to just a head.

Eulaliaaa!

Nope!

If you had to adopt ten young children and be the only one looking after them :P

(You'd have your wings cut off? ;o; )
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

Groddil

Yes, because I could use the money to hire someone else to do that.

If it was Monopoly money.

(Well, I can't use them, so they'd just be in the way. Besides, I could buy a jetpack with my money :D)

Skyblade

Sure. I'll find a use for it ;D

If you had your gender changed

(This game's cool)

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Delthion

NO WAY!!!!

If you had to play a million dollars game with everything that is said coming true if you accept it.
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

James Gryphon

Is this change retroactive to your birth, or are other people aware that you were at one time different? If the former, do you keep your old memories, the memories from your "new" past, or both?

While I think the answers to those questions are important, it's all ultimately moot, though; I couldn't do it in any case. Not because I would personally find it undesirable, mind you; I actually think it'd be very interesting to experience what life was like on the "other side". But my religious beliefs state that I am the way I am for a reason, and I wouldn't want to disrupt that purpose.

Edit: Interesting; apparently the forum no longer has a warning message for when somebody posts before you.

To Del's question: I think I'll pass.

If, from every midnight to six AM, for the rest of your life, you were transformed into a domestic cat?
« Subject to editing »

Groddil

That might be helpful actually...

If you became Jar-Jar for the rest of your life.

James Gryphon

No.

...if you could never leave your house without being inside of a space suit?
« Subject to editing »

Groddil

yep.

If you never got to visit this website again (or contact anyone from it, or go on the temp forum, etc).

James Gryphon

I'd answered one like this one before, so part of this will retread my old answer.

To never visit this website again... I'd thought I was going to do it before, and came pretty close to three years. So, I could do that.

I can't make any promise that would involve me never contacting anyone from here again, though, particularly if one of them tried to get in touch with me. If someone thinks enough of me to go to lengths to seek me out, I don't want to not be available for them. A tax-free million dollars would be nice, but I trust my monetary needs can be met without it. So I have to say no.

...if you would have an extra near-death experience added to your life? You don't know when or how it will happen, only that, at some point in your life, it will. It could be something as short and simple as nearly getting hit by a speeding train, or as protracted and complicated as getting a deadly disease and struggling with it for years before finally going into remission. Also, you will never know when the extra near-death experience has already happened (so if you do have a near-death experience, you won't know whether it was a normal one that wasn't caused by your acceptance of these conditions, or the one).
« Subject to editing »

Groddil

Well, if it's a near-death experience, I won't die, so...maybe.

If your age was instantly advanced to 80 years old.

Lady Ashenwyte

If I could choose the type of experience, I would say it. However, since I can't choose the type of the experience, I'd deny.

(Reading some of the responses has been pretty surprising. A million dollars isn't much once you have it, people.)

... If you had to be afflicted with either therianthropy or vampirism.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Groddil

Quote from: Lord_Ashenwyte on December 27, 2015, 09:13:02 AM
If I could choose the type of experience, I would say it. However, since I can't choose the type of the experience, I'd deny.

(Reading some of the responses has been pretty surprising. A million dollars isn't much once you have it, people.)

... If you had to be afflicted with either therianthropy or vampirism.

Uhh...I think you were just ninja'd.

Quote from: Me
Definitely! (If it was therianthropy. Immortality is cool an all, but SHAPESHIFITNG!!!1!!1!!1!!!!1!one!)
If your age was instantly advanced to 80 years old.