Best Short-lived Character (Spoilers!)

Started by The Skarzs, December 13, 2015, 05:51:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Banya

Quote from: Delthion on December 24, 2015, 06:31:07 AM
The imagination makes almost everything sound more mysterious and wonderful than it really is.
I completely agree with this, and I've always figured this to be why the main protagonist is rarely my favourite character: I come to know the protagonist too well. 
In the case of more minor characters, I appreciate when pieces of the character's story are given, even if the entire backstory of a great character isn't offered.
Besides, this is great material for fanfics. ;)

Lord Daskar

The Mask and Ketral Vane are two I liked.
When work gets overwhelming, remember that you are going to die. -A Coffee Cup

Be silent, or let thy words be more than silence.

Cheerful
Main Entry:   cheer·ful
Function: Adjective.
1 a : full of good spirits <a cheerful outlook> <cheerful obedience>

Ares saves not the brave man but the coward.

Hickory

I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

The Skarzs

Oh man. . . Yeah, that one hare that fought off the Vermin while Midge(?) and Tammo could escape. . . I really liked him.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Hickory

Rockjaw Grang? Yeah. (And with that last post, I meant Trowbaggs. Not whatever autocorrect posted.)

Delthion

Who was the corporal in Rakkety Tam? He fought the vermin for a while until his rapier broke.
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Hickory

Quote from: Delthion on January 06, 2016, 04:20:20 PM
Who was the corporal in Rakkety Tam? He fought the vermin for a while until his rapier broke.
Butty.

Delthion

Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Captain Tammo

Even though there is nothing written about how they died, two of the less-developed characters/extras that I really appreciated were Lousewart and Sneezewart from the Long Patrol!

In terms of actual short-lived characters, I'd say Major Frunk, the Dragon Slayer from High Rhulain, was an awesome character
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

The Skarzs

I would like to have seen his origin a bit. . . Hey, that's what fan fictions are for! :P
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Groddil

I did an origin story for Verdauga and Ungatt Trunn on the other forum.

NileJoy

What about Rose? She was greatly developed and when she was about to get through "the art of war" she is slained ( In a laughable way I can say). How Badrang could slain Rose so easily and with so much force is beyond my thinking. Getting three stones at a short distance in the head and still manage to kill someone by lifting him easily and throwing him into a far wall is unimaginable. He was a stoat after all, not as strong as a wildcat or badger ( still being able to stand against Martin ). I liked the TV Series more becuase Rose's death is much more well designed. In the book the ending is sad (probably the saddest from all the Redwall books) but in the animated version the ending is devastating. It is a shame that such a good character is not mentioned in any of the books following "Martin the Warrior". Her talents could have been used in the following adventures.
Add me on Steam ::)

The Skarzs

Well, a lot of people don't like Rose very much because she was a Mary Sue, and while her death was sad, she did have her full story in the book and her it was necessary.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.