Deathspear one:

Rise of Hellgates one:
Up soon.

LT Sandpaw

This looks pretty good Groddil.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Groddil

This is a fish-like draft. I was going to do a better one myself, when Sagetip offered.

Hickory

Quote from: Groddil on January 23, 2016, 07:20:32 AM
This is a fish-like draft. I was going to do a better one myself, when Sagetip offered.
I worked on that last night, mountain range, compass, shoreline, forest, and part of the path have all been done, but the majority of location labeling and locations themselves need to be drawn and labeled. If, like, you could take a better photo or send me the list of locations again? Also, would you prefer for me to leave the compass as the sword, or make it look different?
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Groddil

The compass design is up to you.

Locations list:
Spoiler
Top left: Land of Ice and Snow (near arrow)
Top left, below Land of Ice and Snow: Flatlands
Very top: Eagle's Peak
Top, below Eagle's Peak: Nix Praesidium
Top, below to the left of Nix Praesidium: Ledge
Top Right, near a bunch of dots: Valley of Thistles
Middle, below Ledge, near some trees and the symbol on the path: Place of Battle
Below the Place of Battle, near pine trees: Gillaina's Grove
Below flatlands, near the cliffs and some semicircles: Port of Saltstone
Below Saltstone, on the shore: Shore
To the left of Shore, near a whale: HERE BE WHALES
Right hand side, near an arrow: Noonvale
Bottom Middle, near an arrow: Mossflower
Middle, amongst the trees: Woods
[close]

Hickory

Here's what I have so far.

Large image
[close]

Groddil

Okay, I'll get the bad stuff out of the way first.
There are only 2 things I don't like about it.
1. You wrote "Rook" instead of "Peak" for the top of the mountain, which I probably wouldn't mind normally, except I already called it "Peak" within the actual story.
2. The sword compass is really good, but it just seems a little small/thin.
Other than that, its much better than mine.
I love the style of it, especially the mountains, trees, and castle. I like where you placed the crossed swords symbol, it makes more sense than where I did. If you extend the woods up to where the symbol is, bordering on the path, that would be perfect. The fish-like decorations at Port of Saltstone were supposed to be caves, so think "Caves of Luke's Tribe", except not set into the cliff. Other than that, you just have to draw the cliffs, Valley of Thistles, and Gillaina's Grove, and you're done!
So far, I'd give it a 7/10, purely because you haven't finished yet.

Hickory

Oh, the "peak/rook" was a misunderstanding on my part. I'd been going off the photo at the time, so it looked like it said rook instead. I'll fix that.

As for the sword, would you prefer for it to be a broadsword or stay a pointed blade, but wider?

I couldn't finish the stuff I'm missing in time, but that's something I can finish easily. It should be done soon... It would be done tonight but I'm lazy. *motivates self* I'll see what I can do.

Also: Is the port a city, or just a landing zone of sorts?

Jetthebinturong

Quote from: Groddil on January 23, 2016, 10:40:18 PM
1. You wrote "Rook" instead of "Peak" for the top of the mountain, which I probably wouldn't mind normally, except I already called it "Peak" within the actual story.
Also a "rook" is not a type of place you can actually have and is potentially confusing as an Eagle's nesting site is known as an "eyrie" whilst a "rook" is a type of corvid which lives in a "rookery."
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Groddil

The explicit terminology isn't something that really matters, it just differs in name between the map and the story.
As for the sword, it can keep the current design, just make it a bit wider please.

Hickory

Groddil

Go forth, my servant of artistry!

Hickory

Hickory

Here you go, the finished product. Slight mistakes with the mountains though.

Okay, I tried to post the image in a spoiler but the image didn't show up. Here's the link.

Groddil

Nearly...Gillaina's Grove and Eagle's Peak look sketchy (the writing I mean). I think the suggestion of a broadsword for the compass might be the better option after all. Add (valley of) and draw the caves and you should be done. FYI, What's wrong with the mountains, I can't see it.

8/10