News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Colloborative Writing! (Planning and Signup)

Started by Blaggut, April 30, 2016, 05:49:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blaggut

Well I'm thinking something conventional, like what Brian would write. What type of animal shal the villain be?

What about an army of coyotes attack the Far South? (Region just below Southsward)
~Just a soft space boi~

Eulaliaaa!

I think Southsward could be a great place, especially since it's by the Big Inland Lake, which would be fun to write about.

As for the plot, I think something about betrayal would be interesting. Then again, it's not really Brian's style for goodbeasts to turn against each other. Perhaps we could have a vermin leader hell bent on killing another vermin she/he once trusted. The vermin leader could be taking over the land to get an army for her/his revenge/justice. It would make the villain seem more human since she/he would have a past and a real reason, and a goal trying to stop an even greater evil.

Or maybe we could do something with a goodbeast fighting to free or avenge their loved ones from a merciless, vermin leader.
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

LT Sandpaw

I like that original idea Eul, except maybe instead of just two players we could have three, with two vermin armies who hate each other fighting over Southsward, while the woodland defenders fend them both off.

The vermin leaders could be old friends turned rivals, like Clogg and Badrang almost. And they both think taking over the castle will give them an advantage over the other. Which it would. It could be an interesting scenario to write about.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Eulaliaaa!

Yeah, the woodlanders would be affected by the two vermin's fighting. One of the vermin trying to finish the other off because they know the other vermin has nothing to lose and wants revenge, the other vermin a broken soul trying to escape their past an convinced the only way to do that is to kill their foe. That could work, it depends on what you guys think.

If we do that, I would love to write a back story or flash back for the two, just to help readers feel bad when the vermin dies or is defeated.
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

LT Sandpaw

I like the idea, I guess its outcome depends on everyone else thinks. It is important of course that the story isn't solely about these two. But that doesn't mean we shouldn't make them really good characters.

Eulaliaaa!

I focus a lot more on character development and who they are than plot, that's why I'm going into this much detail. When we figure out what we're doing with the woodlanders, I'll focus more on them. That is, if this is what we end up writing about.

LT Sandpaw

We might need to slow down a bit and let the others have some time to come online and read this through. But I have a pretty good feeling that they'll be onboard as well.

Captain Tammo

What about a story in which a group of Long Patrol hares set out to track down an elusive band of 20 vermin who keep causing trouble throughout the land? This way, things can move around all over the place and we can jump days at a time when we want to. The hares could visit Redwall and ask questions there, be lead through the Western mountain ranges after the villains, give chase down the coastline in small coastal ships, maybe even visit southsward? There's loads of opportunity in something like that, and since this is a band of vermin instead of an army, we get some flexibility and a few more adventures along the way.
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Blaggut

Seems like it wouldn't be big enough. Such a small band would seem character group would make things more like a role play. We could go with a conventional horde attacking Mossflower
~Just a soft space boi~

Captain Tammo

Hmm, good point, good point. Where in Mossflower would they be attacking. The abbey?
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

LT Sandpaw

Seems kinda standard, but I suppose we shouldn't go too crazy on the story. We could still incorporate the vermin side of things, except at Redwall, if ya'll prefer that.

Hickory

I think we should incorporate a minor location as well, like Riftgard. Not as a main point of the story, but for some spice to our setting.

Yes, I would like to work on this.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Blaggut

How about a group of searats from a distant group of islands sail to the East Shore across from Mossflower to try and conquer it, creating a fragile alliance with a horde of coyotes. They also have around half the Jerbilrat force with them, a normally neutral group, but joined up because of the need for water after a recent long summer, causing a drought.
~Just a soft space boi~

Hickory

Maybe not necessarily coyotes (a little too powerful) but otherwise the premise seems nice.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Captain Tammo

I agree, I'd like to keep the species involved in the story the common beasts in the Redwall world (that is, no armies of wildcats and such, even though they're pretty cool)