News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Overlord's Orders XVII

Started by Izeroth, May 31, 2016, 10:49:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rosie Willowwater

Skyblade

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Delthion

Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

James Gryphon

I got in touch with Izzy earlier today; turns out he's been sick lately.

I've proposed doing a "special round", like Tagg's, where the finalist won't necessarily make succession; I'm pleased to say that he's signed off on that. I'll make the thread as soon as possible; I think I already have an idea for the plot, so hopefully it won't take too long.

When Izzy's ready, this thread can be used for the continuation of our regularly scheduled game.
« Subject to editing »

Izeroth

Is anyone still up for this? I understand that the wait between this round and the previous ones has been exceedingly long--probably significantly longer than all the other periods between rounds combined--but I don't want to pronounce this thread dead just yet.

If enough people are still interested, I'll start this round on June 1st. If not, the title of Overlord will go to James Gryphon by default so future historians will blame him instead or a chosen successor of his.

James Gryphon

We still have the old thread up, from the RAFC. Do we want to continue from where we left off there? I know that a good number (not all, but a good chunk) of the players we had signed up are still alive today.
« Subject to editing »

Trigoma

Too late to join? If not, sign me up :3
"Whenever there is a meeting, a parting is sure to follow. However, that parting need not last forever... Whether a parting be forever or merely for a short time...that is up to you."
—Happy Mask Salesman

Izeroth

Quote from: James Gryphon on May 16, 2017, 04:01:59 AM
We still have the old thread up, from the RAFC. Do we want to continue from where we left off there? I know that a good number (not all, but a good chunk) of the players we had signed up are still alive today.

I considered doing that, but it seemed difficult to continue the round in a fluid manner after such a long time, and I wasn't really sure where to start narrative-wise. I'll make a poll in the OOC discussion (in the Cellars) on whether we should resurrect the original thread, though, so everyone can provide input.

Quote from: Trigoma on May 16, 2017, 10:26:42 AM
Too late to join? If not, sign me up :3

The deadline is June 1st, so you're right on time.

Jasper

I'm in for any game of Overlord's Orders. I don't really mind who is leading it or anything, just as long as it happens!  :)

Fatch will likely be back around any day now, by the way. He will be more than happy to take part.

Izeroth

The majority of people voted to hold a new game, and therefore the new round will be held in this thread. I've pushed the starting date back a little, so the round will begin on June 10th. If you would like to join, please sign up before then.

Groddil

Izeroth

Due to a lack of enough sign-ups, this round will be postponed indefinitely. James Gryphon is the new Overlord.

Jasper

@James Gryphon I can speak for myself and Fatch. We will both participate if you are willing to start a new thread.