Total Members Voted: 30

Gonff the Mousethief

I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

The Skarzs

Princess Kurda was pretty mediocre. She kinda just showed off a bit, went off on some quest that inconvenienced the protagonists, and ultimately was either a complete fraud when it came to her sword skills or was victim to a Mary-Sue. (Definitely the last one, possibly the first one as well.)
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Groddil

Quote from: Skarzs on August 14, 2016, 04:34:59 AM
Princess Kurda was pretty mediocre. She kinda just showed off a bit, went off on some quest that inconvenienced the protagonists, and ultimately was either a complete fraud when it came to her sword skills or was victim to a Mary-Sue. (Definitely the last one, possibly the first one as well.)

Agreed.

Jetthebinturong

Quote from: Skarzs on August 14, 2016, 04:34:59 AM
Indeed.

As for the current poll, I pick Vilu. He's easily my favourite villain in the entire series though I do believe character assassination was performed on him at the end of the story, but that happens with all Redwall villains. They're boring like that. Gulo just didn't interest me at all, he was a dumb, savage brute, which can be fun if done right, but not when it comes to the main antagonist.
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

The Skarzs

I pick Vilu because he's one of the most important characters in the series. (Seriously.)
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Hickory

Vilu. He just had a cooler persona than Gulo.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

alexandre

You should all vote for Ripfang ::)
Why they try to tear the mountains down to bring in a couple more
More people, more scars upon the land

~ John Denver

And daddy won't you take me back to Muhlenberg County
Down by the Green River where Paradise lay
Well, I'm sorry my son, but you're too late in asking
Mister Peabody's coal train has hauled it away

~ John Prine

Groddil

alexandre

~ John Denver

~ John Prine

Jetthebinturong

If I recall correctly, Mossflower's Ripfang wasn't really a character in his own right, just someone that the protagonists knew about who didn't really have any lines or do anything we knew about.

alexandre

Quote from: Jet the binturong on August 15, 2016, 02:37:30 AM
If I recall correctly, Mossflower's Ripfang wasn't really a character in his own right, just someone that the protagonists knew about who didn't really have any lines or do anything we knew about.

But we do know that he must have had a great amount of strength and skill to have taken on a badger lord and fought him to the death. Not many rats could do that.

~ John Denver

~ John Prine

Groddil

Quote from: alexandre on August 15, 2016, 04:01:03 AM

But we do know that he must have had a great amount of strength and skill to have taken on a badger lord and fought him to the death. Not many rats could do that.

Well, that's not true; Ripfang didn't really do that. As soon as he got anywhere near Boar, the badger lord grabbed and killed him. Boar was only killed because the sheer number of pirates overwhelmed him shortly afterwards.

alexandre

Quote from: Groddil on August 15, 2016, 04:04:38 AM
Quote from: alexandre on August 15, 2016, 04:01:03 AM

Well, that's not true; Ripfang didn't really do that. As soon as he got anywhere near Boar, the badger lord grabbed and killed him. Boar was only killed because the sheer number of pirates overwhelmed him shortly afterwards.

Well, getting that many rats to follow you and becoming the mortal enemy of a badger lord must have taken some skill right? :-\

New poll coming up

~ John Denver

~ John Prine

Hickory

I never cared for Korvus, or his snake sidekick. He was much like other bad guys - out to get something, in this case four gems. Madeyes waged war against the Redwallers for the exact same reason, and lots of other villains (Cluny, Slagar) went to a lot of effort to come into possession of a valuable object(s).

In the meantime, Ironbeak was the original bird villain, and he was ruthless. The General often participated in fights himself, and wasn't hiding anything or making others do his dirty work (Like Korvus did with Baliss). He wasn't a wuss, either, and proved himself quite capable of fending off Redwallers. Putting aside the normal superstitious weakness all villains have, he was a powerful leader and a great villain.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Jetthebinturong

I actually change my vote to Ironbeak. I can't actually remember much about Korvus and most of his cool things can be attributed to Sicarris or however you spell her name.