What is the Best Thing about the Redwall Series? (Skarzs' Idea.)

Started by Delthion, September 25, 2016, 05:17:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Delthion

I've never actually started a serious thread so I have no idea how to post the first post in one! ;D

Anyway, discuss! ;D
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

alexandre

Did you get this idea from the current conversation on the Mary-Sue conversation? I think Blaggut is the best thing ever to happen to Redwall, I wish to see more of him, sounds like a good fanfic...
Why they try to tear the mountains down to bring in a couple more
More people, more scars upon the land

~ John Denver

And daddy won't you take me back to Muhlenberg County
Down by the Green River where Paradise lay
Well, I'm sorry my son, but you're too late in asking
Mister Peabody's coal train has hauled it away

~ John Prine

Ashleg

Vilu attacking Luke's island.
No, really.
If he hadn't done that, Martin would've never become anything and there'd be no Redwall.

Boom. Boom. Boom.

Delthion

Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Groddil

Quote from: Ashleg on September 25, 2016, 05:50:19 AM
No, really.
If he hadn't done that, Martin would've never become anything and there'd be no Redwall.

Boom. Boom. Boom.

Except Luke didn't live on an island. :p

Delthion

He lived on the northern shores, which was an island, just like North and South America combined are islands. ;D

alexandre

Quote from: Groddil on September 25, 2016, 05:52:30 AM
Quote from: Ashleg on September 25, 2016, 05:50:19 AM
No, really.

Boom. Boom. Boom.

Except Luke didn't live on an island. :p

*awkward silence as everyone stares at Groddil*

Quote from: Delthion on September 25, 2016, 05:53:04 AM
He lived on the northern shores, which was an island, just like North and South America combined are islands. ;D

*All there heads turn toward that weird dude with a lamp on his head* CONTINENTS

~ John Denver

~ John Prine

Groddil

Quote from: Delthion on September 25, 2016, 05:53:04 AM

The northern shores aren't an island, they're on the same land mass as Mossflower (otherwise, how did Luke's tribe get there from Saint Ninians in the first place?), just further north. The actual shape of the continent probably corresponds to Britain, just not to scale.

Delthion

Continents I know are continents, but continents could be islands if you zoom out enough to see that they aren't connected to anything else. ;D

alexandre

Quote from: Delthion on September 25, 2016, 06:00:03 AM
Continents I know are continents, but continents could be islands if you zoom out enough to see that they aren't connected to anything else. ;D

This explains it.

~ John Denver

~ John Prine

Groddil

Quote from: alexandre on September 25, 2016, 06:09:30 AM
Quote from: Delthion on September 25, 2016, 06:00:03 AM

This explains it.

11/10 #BestThumbnail2K16 #NoSarcasm #GoStraya

alexandre

~ John Denver

~ John Prine

LT Sandpaw

If you want to get real technical, Mossflower and the Northlands are based on England, Scotland, some random place with a desert and stuff. So Luke did live on an island, though I wouldn't call it his island. Its a big island, but not nearly as large as Australia or Greenland, or Ireland.

As for my favorite point in the series, well there is a lot of cool and amazing moments in Redwall. Pinpointing one is difficult, but one that does come to mind is when one of my favorite characters Queen Warbeak of the Sparra attacked the Longtails, allowing Matthias and Co. to turn the tide of the battle.

Its such a great scene, emotional and stuff. And for the first time we really see just how much Matthias might need to sacrifice just to get his son back.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

belle