What is the Best Thing about the Redwall Series? (Skarzs' Idea.)

Started by Delthion, September 25, 2016, 05:17:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kitsune

I liked the detail that Brian Jacques put into every one of his books. It kept them interesting.

Groddil

Quote from: Kitsune on September 26, 2016, 02:29:20 PM
I liked the detail that Brian Jacques put into every one of his books. It kept them interesting.

Ashleg

Quote from: Kitsune on September 26, 2016, 02:29:20 PM

In some ways, yeas, but in other ways not so much.
It would be really helpful if he reminded us of what a character's species is more because lots of times I'll be halfway through a book and think "I don't/like that guy...What is he again?"

It would also have been better for art and such, if the secondary characters had more of a description besides what they sometimes got.
But hey, he certainly had talent when writing about creepy places and food. ;D

Especially when you're starving in class, those food descriptions can have some effects on people.

Hickory

I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Ashleg

Quote from: Sagetip on September 27, 2016, 03:17:09 AM
Are you reading Redwall books in class?!

Haha, oh man, that picture is killing me. ;D

And yes?
You can too, if you bring one. XD

Eulaliaaa!

There are a lot of things I love about the Redwall series. I love the description, the characters and their dialogue, the detail, the writing style Brian Jacques used, and the fighting and war. But I'd say one of the ones I like the most is the theme of Good vs. Bad. There's a clear, consistent line between the two with very few and rare exceptions. Unlike the real world, good will always win in the end and there's no question about who is doing the right thing. It's black and white, and for someone who really struggles to understand social interactions and people, it's always fun to read.

There are also huge amounts of creativity and imagination that go into the book, and that's what makes a good book :P
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.