The Undecided

Started by The Skarzs, January 25, 2017, 10:24:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ashleg

"Yes!" Twisty snapped, stomping after the squirrel with his paws akimbo. "Get a grip! I'm comin'."
Something about Rowan actually having to see his paw sent a twinge through the rat's stomach.
But what if she could fix it? There would be no more "Dead-Paw" for Marshall to make fun of, that was for sure.
Twisty snorted confidently and started up the stairs.

Cornflower MM

Rowan marched up the stairs, thinking over what she could do with the rat's paw. She did need a starting place before she concocted any theories, though, and started thinking about food. It's porridge day. Lovely, lovely porridge with nuts and honey- No, don't think about it. You're gone without breakfast before, you can do it again. She scolded herself.

Ashleg

"Where is it?" Twisty asked once they got to the top of the steps.
He sniffed around, frowning.
"An' what kind o' idjit decided t' put the infirmary upstairs, anyway? Wasn't you, was it?"

The Skarzs

OOC: It is a bit of a dumb idea, isn't it? :P
@Groddil, maybe Elijah can follow him.

BIC: Darrin finished eating just as the rest of his group walked into Cavern Hole, and he left before the inevitable chaos ensued, going out into the lawns. Twisty had disappeared, though he had been looking at Raleigh funny again. Odd fellow.
  The ferret walked about the abbey, finding himself watching the industrious abbeybeasts busy at their work. He supposed that is what he would have to do if he were to make a permanent home for himself.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  Hacklaw watched as the abbey walls grew bigger and clearer, and he searched for a way he would deal with the situation. They had not prepared fully for a siege of any kind, so he would need to hope the inhabitants would give up Darrin willingly.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Cornflower MM

Rowan looked shocked, "Of course it wasn't my idea! The Abbey has been standing for untold seasons. The Infirmary is over this way," She instructed Twisty. she was walking away when she realized she didn't even know this rat's name. "Oh, by the way, my name is Rowan."

Ashleg

"Twisty," said the rat aggressively. "Y' can only guess how I got it."
Contrary to his tone, it would be a misconception to say that he hated his name. He really had no feelings toward it, whereas nicknames like "Deadpaw" highly crawled on his nerves.

Twisty slunk towards the infirmary but suddenly halted, a look of sheer nervousness falling over his face.
"You first..."
He edged around and propped the door open with his footpaw, grinning stupidly.
"This won't hurt, will it, Missie?"

Dannflower Reguba

With a sigh, Raleigh swept her tail over the small spill as she took the dish back to the kitchen to dispose of its' contents. She wasn't particularly happy about the incursion, especially as it reminded her that there was likely a much larger group of significantly less friendly vermin marching on the Abbey... Why? This question had shown up in her mind yesterday as well, but she'd tried to ignore it as best she could until the initial shock had settled. Who should she ask? Darrin was the most reasonable and was the apparent leader of the group, but that might be the exact reason why he wouldn't give a straight answer. Twisty, on the other hand, while most likely not being capable of giving a solid answer, was far more likely to say something; add the the fact that his paw was in shambles, and she'd have more cards in her hand to coax out the information. What about the blue fox? No, he seemed to have different priorities.... What if she spoke with Twisty, then Darrin... But would Darrin be upset if he realized his crew was being probed for information. If so, what was it they were hiding? Or maybe, "Ugh!" The squirrel maid flopped over, letting her torso come to rest on a counter top at the end of her mindless wandering. After letting her mind rest for a couple moments, she righted herself again, sitting around wasn't getting anything done, and she'd lost track of Twisty anyway. Striding back into Cavern Hole yielded a quick turnaround as the room was certainly at the tipping point of chaos. Raleigh was just starting to wonder how she should go about finding the ferret when she almost stepped right into him as he was observing the goings on, "Oh, hi again, umm..." The question pressed against her chest, and traveled up her throat against her barred lips. Why was it so hard to ask all of a sudden!? Clearing her throat quietly, she forced the words to come out, "Uh-I had a question, I'm kind of curious as to why you're being followed, why is this.... warlord? After you?" Thankfully, nobeast else had been close enough to hear.
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

The Skarzs

Darrin turned abruptly as Raleigh bumped into him, and he stepped back a pace. "Er, sorry. . ." he muttered, and waited as it looked like the squirrel was trying to say something. When she finally did ask the question, the ferret looked about as if trying to find a way out, but realized it wouldn't do much good.
  "Oh." He rubbed his face and turned away, wondering how he should word his answer. "He's the type of creature who holds a grudge, and since some of my followers did something to him he didn't like, he's after me."
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Dannflower Reguba

Not too surprisingly, the answer Raleigh received was vague and dodgy, she sighed inwardly, but attempted to dig once again, "Well I assumed that something had happened, but what could you possibly have done to make him so angry as to chase you all this way? What exactly would he chase this far out?"

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

The Skarzs

"That's what I want to know!" exclaimed Darrin angrily. "He already killed three of my creatures, but I guess it ain't enough! What would you do, huh? Let him catch you and kill you slowly? I ain't about that."
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Dannflower Reguba

There it was, now Raleigh was sure Darrin was hiding something, however, accusing the ferret of lying to his face probably wasn't the best idea. He had stated so confidently that one of his followers, though judging from his current actions he was probably in on it, had done something, yet now he "didn't" have a clue? So how to go about getting him to fess up?... Maybe she didn't have to, she had something to work with now, and if she could get Twisty to answer a targeted question, an actual answer might be possible... That still left the issue with Darrin, more so, how not to get him angry with her... The squirrel forced a smile back down her throat, she had an idea, "Gracious me, I wouldn't be either... Clearly this warlord of yours hasn't caught the responsible individual yet, whoever it is must be terrified... Hmm, I'd wager you already asked everybeast in your crew right? Well I might be able to find out who it is, but who to start with?.... Oh! I already talked to your crippled friend, what was his name?... er.. Twisty! I can start by seeing if he did, and I know a couple of ways to loosen a tongue without doing any harm. I should probably be on my way then, have a wonderful day now alright?" The big question now? Where in the world was that rat!?

The Skarzs

"Oh, he already found them. They're the ones who he killed." Darrin folded his arms. "My point is it doesn't make sense why he would chase us so far over. . . Bah!" The ferret waved the squirrel off, and walked towards the stairs up to the walls.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Cornflower MM

OOC: Sorry for taking so long. Not losing interest, just busy. BIC:

"Hurt?" Rowan paused to think about it. "I'll do my best not to hurt anything. Oh, thank you," She said, walking through the Infirmary door. She looked around at the familiar room, breathing in the scent of the herbs. Walking over to a corner of the room where a small washstand sat, she called, "Sit anywhere you like, I'll be there in a moment."

Ashleg

Twisty gagged at the pungent smell.
"Yeah, yeah, I'm goin'!" he snapped, moving about the room. It was odd to him and certainly like nothing he had ever seen before.
The rat noticed a small wooden chair in front of the window and plopped himself down.
"Heh, wonder if'n this is Raleigh's..."

Cornflower MM

Rowan turned around from washing her paws and walked over to Twisty, pausing to grab the jar of candied nuts they kept in the Infirmary for the Dibbuns. (Sometimes she suspected some of them came just to get nuts and talk to Raleigh) She set the jar down on the windowsill and popped one in her mouth. "May I take a look at your paw now?"