News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

The Undecided

Started by The Skarzs, January 25, 2017, 10:24:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Skarzs

Hacklaw pointed with his spear at the sandstone building getting larger in the distance. "Keep yer bows at ready, but don't fire unless I say to."
  Rallowan fingered his own bow impatiently. "And if they fire on us first?" he asked.
  "Then we'll make 'em all look like hedgepigs."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Darrin sprinted across the lawns and into the abbey building, knocking creatures out of the way as he tried to find the abbot, or maybe that otter. He found both of them still at table.
  "I, ah, don't want to alarm you, but Hacklaw's here!"
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Cornflower MM

Rowan was starting to feel slightly panicked, but stood her ground. "Threatening me now, are you?" She questioned. "I won't be able to help you anywhere near as well without food." She tried to subtly glance around the Infirmary for anything that she could use for a weapon, if she had to.

Ashleg

"Promise yer gonna 'elp me!" Twisty demanded, baring his teeth.
That, together with his red coat, left him actually looking quite dangerous.
"I will not move a step from 'ere. If I let ye go, yer gonna run an' never come back. I know how it works."

Cornflower MM

Rowan stomped her foot. "You stubborn rat! Fine! Sit down, and if you move an inch I will hit you over the head with that chair." She pointed to one of the chairs sitting by the beds as she marched back to the window. Shoving the candied nut jar, she moved it back to her side of the windowsill. On her way to grab the chair, she glared at Twisty. "What are you waiting for, an invitation? Sit!"

Ashleg

Twisty yelped and dropped to the floor where he stood, wide-eyed. He certainly wasn't expecting the squirrel to explode like she had.
"Wait, no, not th' chestnuts..." the rat cried.

Cornflower MM

"YOU DON'T LET ME EAT, YOU DON'T GET THE NUTS!" Rowan yelled, dropping the chair and glaring at the rat. Picking it back up, she made her way to the floor by the door. "Now button it, and let me do my work!" Putting the chair down, she started rummaging through the cabinets, muttering angrily to herself. A few moments later she emerged with a needle and herbs.

Ashleg

Twisty paled as he watched Rowan in her angered state. Who knew? Would she actually hit him with the chair, or was that a mere threat?
The rat started fiddling with his tail, shocked silent.
It was only when he heard the infirmary aid shut the drawer that he finally looked up...and lurched back, recoiling into the door.
"Wait, what's that, y'didn't mention needles!"

Cornflower MM

"I've got to test the nerves, don't I? Don't worry you big baby, it won't hurt. Much." She snapped, walking over to Twisty and plopping on the floor. She held her hand, "Now, let me see the paw. Were you born with it like this, or did it happen over time, or did something happen?"

Ashleg

"Born," the brown rat snapped, shakily holding out his paw. He stared her in the eye.
"An' don't insult me. Yew wouldn't like that either."

Cornflower MM

Rowan stared back with the best menacing glare and raised her needle. "Then don't hit me." She dropped her eyes and took Twisty's wrist and gently stabbed the tip of one of his claws with it. "Can you feel that?"

Ashleg

"I'm not hittin' anything!" Twisty protested.
Huffing, he allowed his eyes to follow Rowan's all the way down to his paw.
"Feel...feel...no, not really."

Cornflower MM

Rowan paused and dug the needle in a little deeper. "You're sure? Don't look, either," She reprimanded. If Twisty couldn't feel it, there was a strong possibility of the nerves in his paw being dead. . . . Which wasn't a good thing.

Ashleg

Twisty flicked his gaze away.
The rat's blood began to bead around the needle. "Now it feels like you're maybe tappin' it," he noted, gritting his teeth.
"Why, 'that bad?"

Cornflower MM

Rowan pressed harder, "And now?" She was starting to make herself feel queasy, between the lack of food and the needle. She'd always hated this part. Just don't think about it. Think of the lovely scones and clotted cream you can feast on after this.

Ashleg

"I said," Twisty growled, "Is that ba--owwwow!"
He gasped and yanked his paw from Rowan, sneering bitterly as he recovered. "What, are you tryin' ta kill me? Give me that needle an' let me stick you!"