News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

The Undecided

Started by The Skarzs, January 25, 2017, 10:24:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cornflower MM

A slightly green Rowan growled at him. "Kill you? If I wanted to kill you I wouldn't do it with a needle. As for is it bad, it is a little but there's hope for you yet. Can you spread your paw?" Rowan demonstrated what she wanted Twisty to do, holding her paw up like she was about to smack something.

Ashleg

Twisty shook his head.
"I can't do that without usin' my other paw t' force it. And that hurts."

He half-suppressed a snort when he noticed the sickness hanging over Rowan's face.
"Some medic," the rat whispered to himself, hiding a grin.

Cornflower MM

Think about the scones, lovely, lovely scones with strawberry jam- no, not strawberry jam. Clotted cream. Nice, tasty clotted cream on the lovely scones. Rowan thought, squeezing her eyes shut for just a moment. "I heard that, you know," She grumped, opening one eye. "I think the best thing for you to do to help your paw would be to work it. I know it hurts, but if you do some exercises that I'll show you in a minute every day for a few moments it should start helping. What about your wrist, can you move that?"

Ashleg

"My wrist is fine," said Twisty stubbornly, testing it a few times.
"See? But I don't know how I can work th' paw if'n I can't even move it."

Cornflower MM

"You can't unbend or bend your claws without your other paws help even a little?" Rowan asked, readying her needle again.

Ashleg

"You goin' to get food isn't soundin' so terrible anymore." Twisty remarked, scooting away. He was glad that Darrin and Marshall weren't here to see him. They would surely, between them, never allow him to live down the shame of cowering from the needle.
The rat wiped his brow, chuckling airily.
"Nope, can't, why've y' gotta prick me?"

Cornflower MM

"You're not teasing, are you? I can go get my breakfast?" Rowan looked from Twisty to the door, then back to Twisty. "I use the needle to est your nerves. You know, make sure they're not dead. Now, seriously. Can I go get breakfast?" Rowan realized how food-driven she sounded, but she really didn't care. And if she had to threaten Twisty with her needle, well, the rat had better move.

Ashleg

"Yes! Whatever! Go get yer stinkin' breakfast!" Twisty snapped, hopping out of the way of the door to allow Rowan to pass.
He quietly fitted his glove back on.
"I'll be here."

Cornflower MM

Rowan whooped with joy, "Food! Glorious food! I'll be right back!" She was on her paws and halfway out the door in a flash, when a thought struck her. She poked her head back in the door, "Er, anything in particular you want?"

Ashleg

"Jus' get me somethin', doesn't matter what." Twisty waved Rowan off and watched through hooded eyes as the door closed behind her.
He grinned shortly, waited until the sound of her receding pawsteps had faded completely, and tore across the room to the windowsill, where the jar of candied chestnuts lay in wait.
"Twisty, how smart ye are!" he commented to himself as he pried the lid off. "Evadin' the needles and getting the candy. Oho!"

Cornflower MM

Rowan skipped down the stairs, humming a happy tune to herself. Reaching Cavern Hole, she made a beeline to the kitchens, and begged a veritable mountain of a tray from the cooks. She was making her way back through Cavern Hole when she heard a call,
"I, ah, don't want to alarm you, but Hacklaw's here!"

She went pale, and rushed up the stairs to the Infirmary. Unable to open the door, she kicked it. "Twisty! Open the door!"

Ashleg

Twisty was in the middle of shoving chestnuts down his throat when he heard her call.
Bad-temperedly, the rat halted in his act and began trying to clean up his mess.
"Addlebrain!" he cursed. "Wha-what is it?!"

Cornflower MM

"I have a big tray in my paws, now open the door! I have news that I really don't think you'd like to hear through a door. Let me in!" Rowan snapped, her arms starting to ache. Oh, this rat really isn't worth this, she thought. He's an infuriating annoying furball! And if he isn't stuffing his face with my chestnuts right now I'll eat my tray.

Ashleg

Twisty haphazardly placed the jar on the edge of the windowsill and then ran over to open the door, only to be greeted by Rowan's angry face and a heaping pile of food.
"Hello, there," laughed the rat. He snatched a pawful off the tray, stuffing it, as he waited for Rowan to walk inside.
"Wot's th' news? Lost yer needle?"

Cornflower MM

Placing the tray down on the chair, Rowan noted that the jar of chestnuts was moved (and quite a few less in the jar). "You wish. My needle is right here," She pulled it out of her sleeve and held it, "The news is that Hacklaw's here, at the Abbey."