Islands in Redwall

Started by Maudie, January 16, 2017, 09:07:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maudie

There are many islands mentioned throughout the books. Which is your favorite/most intriguing to you, and could any of them have been the same island at different points in history?

List of known islands:

Terramort
Sampetra
Green Isle
Ruddaring
Peace Island
Riftguard
Twin Islands
That one island with wooden ships that wrecked there
That one island where they found Beau
That one volcanic island with the fruit

Those are all I can remember by name right now :P. Feel free to mention the other islands and I'll add them to the list.
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

Eulaliaaa!

Ruddaring
Peace Island
Riftguard (I don't remember if that was the name of the entire island?)
Twin Islands
That one island with wooden ships that wrecked there
That one island where they found Beau
That one volcanic island with the fruit

Um.... there are more, I'll try to remember. :P
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

Feles

Wasn't peace island what they renamed Riftguard once they took it over?
I am the harbinger of the spicy rooster apocalypse,
I am the hydrogen bomb in a necktie,
I hold the flames of a thousand collapsed stars,
I am Bobracha!

Eulaliaaa!

No, I'm pretty sure it was the rock with the hedgehogs that Triss and her friends found.
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

Ashleg

Terramort/Samptera might be the same island...

I mean...
TERRAmort...SampTERA...

James Gryphon

It's actually spelled Sampetra. We've talked about their locations in the past, though, and I think there's too many problems with the idea to make it workable. Sampetra is a tropical island; Terramort is never given that label.

Peace Island has nothing to do with Riftgard other than the fact that they're in the same book. They escape *to* Peace Island after leaving Riftgard.
« Subject to editing »

Wylder Treejumper

Riftguard is not an island at all- it is built on a fjord on the mainland.
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Feles

I cannot find a redwall map that even shows where Riftgard is, fan made or otherwise.
I am the harbinger of the spicy rooster apocalypse,
I am the hydrogen bomb in a necktie,
I hold the flames of a thousand collapsed stars,
I am Bobracha!

Eulaliaaa!

Quote from: Wylder Treejumper on January 18, 2017, 12:04:29 AM
Riftguard is not an island at all- it is built on a fjord on the mainland.

Hang on, really? I'm sure it was an island separate from Redwall and Salamandastron and all that.

alexandre

I just assumed it was north of holt lutra  :-\
Why they try to tear the mountains down to bring in a couple more
More people, more scars upon the land

~ John Denver

And daddy won't you take me back to Muhlenberg County
Down by the Green River where Paradise lay
Well, I'm sorry my son, but you're too late in asking
Mister Peabody's coal train has hauled it away

~ John Prine

Captain Tammo

It's been ages since I read Triss. Without copying from the wiki, can anyone describe peace island??

Well... aside from "peaceful"
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Ashleg

Green? Lots of fertile land?

Nadaz, voice of the host

Peace island is where they found the hedgehogs and yes, Riftguard is a on the mainland not on a island Sampetra and Terramort cannot be the same island because 1. Sampetra is tropical but Terramort is not, and 2. If you look at the maps from their respective books they don't look to have the same shape.
It matters not what you fight, but what you fight for.