Redwall Video Game Kickstarter

Started by scarlet, April 29, 2013, 04:22:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skyblade

This is amazing! It's one of those things that you think may be too good to be true, but it is true, and it makes you happy.

Thank you all for working on this project for us :)

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

vencelylalas

Edraithel

The kickstarter was to fund a minecraft mod of Redwall Abbey.
"A cage," she said. "To stay behind bars, until use and old age accept them, and all chance of doing great deeds is gone beyond recall or desire." - Eowyn, Lord of the Rings

"Listen for the destination in your heart if you lose sight of your path." D. Gray Man

rrrrr

Is this on minecraft or is it a website (browser) game?
rrrrr.....

Ho arr, mateys, swimming is fun!

I had shrimp 'n' hotroot soup today.

Wylder Treejumper

Quote from: Edraithel on May 07, 2015, 05:17:19 AM
This is incorrect. The kickstarter was to fund a fullscale platform game, one of the stretch goals was a minecraft Redwall Server. The server exists , but is stuck in 1.7.2. The full game is under development by Soma Games.
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Edraithel

I had heard that some people noticed that when they donated that the funds didn't go towards the game but went to the server instead.
"A cage," she said. "To stay behind bars, until use and old age accept them, and all chance of doing great deeds is gone beyond recall or desire." - Eowyn, Lord of the Rings

"Listen for the destination in your heart if you lose sight of your path." D. Gray Man

Matthias720

Quote from: Wylder Treejumper on May 07, 2015, 07:57:21 PM
Quote from: Edraithel on May 07, 2015, 05:17:19 AM
This is incorrect. The kickstarter was to fund a fullscale platform game, one of the stretch goals was a minecraft Redwall Server. The server exists , but is stuck in 1.7.2. The full game is under development by Soma Games.
That correction was incorrect. It was actually for just the Minecraft map, but the purpose was deeper than that. It was meant to test the waters to see how well a Redwall video game would be received, and the amount of feedback was enough for them to move forward with the actual game itself. I am of the belief that this is due in no small part to the forum here contributing heavily alongside, the Redwall Wiki. To the best of my knowledge, Soma Games is seeking final funding for the project from private investors, so we should hopefully have news soon (as in a month or two, at least). Fingers crossed!

Wylder Treejumper

Ah. Pardon me. I only came on late in the effort.
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

rrrrr

Oh so this is in minecraft too.  :-[
rrrrr.....

Jukka the Sling

Quote from: rrrrr on July 03, 2015, 11:58:04 PM
Oh so this is in minecraft too.  :-[
No.  The Minecraft Redwall map was an extra, side project.  An actual video game is being worked on.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

rrrrr

rrrrr.....

Jukka the Sling

Quote from: rrrrr on July 04, 2015, 09:42:37 PM
Oh ! is it already here?
Unfortunately, the video game isn't finished yet. :-\  The creators' website is here, though I don't know when it was last updated. :P  But anyway, you can rest assured that it is still being worked on and is actually gonna go through!
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

JangoCoolguy

Update from Soma. Looks like they're finally getting a proper start after dealing with pain-in-the-tail litigation.

QuoteIt's been a while, but we're still plugging along. Yes it's still in development, and yes everything is going really well. There were many many hoops to jump through on the legal side of things that required a lot of time and energy, but now we're off and running.

In the meantime, we need to hear more from you. What do you want Redwall to look like? What is it about Redwall that is absolutely essential? What would you not be able to do without? We have regular discussions going up on Facebook, so come talk to us!

The Skarzs

Well, if I had Facebook I might help with the discussion. Since I don't, however. . . :P
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Hickory

Someone with a Facebook account could make a thread, take suggestions, and then post in on Facebook.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.