News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Started by Coobreedan, January 02, 2012, 12:42:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coobreedan

On other forums I have seen a system known as Reputation, or Rep for short. It basically is awards for doing good on the forum. Here's what it looks like:

--Coobreedan--
Academy Graduate

l l l l

Anyone can give out rep, and mods can take it away. Would this be possible?
I won't be on this forum much anymore, but I'll pop in to say hi every now and then.

Tiria Wildlough

That's a good idea. However, I don't know if that can be done. It sounds good though. :)
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Coobreedan

The forums that it is on do look a little different.
I won't be on this forum much anymore, but I'll pop in to say hi every now and then.

Lutra

Hate to be the wet blanket here, but this is the worst thing ever designed for a forum.  This can be abused and it can cause a lot of friction among members.  Its better not to have it around.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Tiria Wildlough

Ah, yes, the wet blanket. ;D I never thought of that. Spammers could give people bad rep, and a lot of stuff could happen. :(
I'm not a hipster.

Coobreedan

What if only mods could give out rep?

Lutra

Then staff gets accused of playing favorites.....believe me....reputation/karma systems are terrible for forums.  There's places I go to with this stuff....I ignore it all.  If people want to thank me, they write it in a post.  If I want to congratulate or thank someone for a great job, I say so.  I don't hide behind anonymous rankings that can be abused.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Melody

Tiria Wildlough

Not sure if it's the _worst_ thing ever designed for a forum. Anyway, shouldn't this topic be locked? Lutra has determined that rep would be bad for the forum.
I'm not a hipster.