Ranks

Started by Icefire, August 12, 2011, 11:22:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiria Wildlough

Quote from: Lutra on August 24, 2011, 02:24:46 AM
Or the mods can give you one. ;)  Had been to a board where you sometimes earned a title based on what you did or what you said.
Wouldn't that be a bit hard to keep track of?
You could earn a title if you contibuted any good ideas or did something extraordinary.
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Coobreedan

Yeah, like your rank (Season Namer).
I won't be on this forum much anymore, but I'll pop in to say hi every now and then.

Matthias720

Season Namer is a rank given to the current Season Namer (kinda obvious ::)). When a new Season Namer is chosen, Tiria will go back to being just a Hero Member.

Nightfire

We could use Salamandastron ranks!  ;D

Newbie-----Recruit
Jr. Member-----Galloper
Full Member-----Sergeant
Sr. Member-----Captain
Hero Member-----Badger Lord (or Lady)
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Lutra

Quote from: Tiria Wildlough on August 24, 2011, 10:18:35 AM
Quote from: Lutra on August 24, 2011, 02:24:46 AM
Or the mods can give you one. ;)  Had been to a board where you sometimes earned a title based on what you did or what you said.
Wouldn't that be a bit hard to keep track of?
You could earn a title if you contibuted any good ideas or did something extraordinary.

They did it to be funny...if you said anything outrageous, it often appeared as your title.  :P
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Taggerung_of_Redwall

Yes, that would defiantly be yours under such circumstances, wouldn't it? xD
Start building something beautiful and just put the hate away

Tiria Wildlough

Quote from: Nightfire on August 24, 2011, 11:17:57 PM
We could use Salamandastron ranks!  ;D

Newbie-----Recruit
Jr. Member-----Galloper
Full Member-----Sergeant
Sr. Member-----Captain
Hero Member-----Badger Lord (or Lady)
But what if someone named themselves after a character that is not a Badger Lord/Lady? Like me? OK< I know htat's a very small detail, but I was just pointing it out. ;)
I'm not a hipster.

Taggerung_of_Redwall

Actually, that could be considered by some to be a very large detail, and enough reason to not desire ranks.
Start building something beautiful and just put the hate away

Tiria Wildlough

I'm not a hipster.

Lutra

I would gather that most would not want Badger Lord/Lady ranks if they aren't into the badger characters.  Could you see me with a badger rank and it fitting?  Or Matthias?  Generic ranks are fine and please the most members.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Coobreedan

They sure do. I'm a full member. I'm fuller than someone at the Redwall Feast!
I won't be on this forum much anymore, but I'll pop in to say hi every now and then.

Folgrimeo

I've definitely known forums where people got custom titles after they said or did something embarrassing. Usually the titles were goofy innocent things, but you'd find a few that clearly weren't flattering. Such as "*does not want a member title*". As for me, I got a custom title on one board by being patient, making intelligent posts, and never seeing a rank as anything to gloat about. Then one day... I got the title "wamakaskanskan". It's the Lakota word for 'spirit', or so I'm told. Reason for that is I was into "Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron" at the time.

Topics asking about ranks and whether custom titles are allowed are pretty common. Best thing to do is ignore what rank you are. Or if you really want something there, then see if maybe there's a "slogan" section... heck, you should be happy enough just in having a unique signature. Rank is not a big deal.

Icefire

Generally, ranks aren't really a good indication of anything anyways. I was just saying it cause it can be fun. If everyone's fine with generic names, I'm fine with it too! ;D
Living in peace, aye many a season,
Calm in life and sound in reason,,
'Til evil arrives, a wicked horde,
Driving a warrior to pick up his sword,
The challenger rings then, straight and fair,
Justice is with us, beware. Beware!

Tiria Wildlough

Hey! I have an idea! What if we had 'positions' that people could apply for, like Abbot, Badgermum, Abbey Warrior, etc. They have that sort of thing on Redwall's Legacy. I was just wondering! ;)
Still, I'm fine with generic ranks if the above wouldn't work.
I'm not a hipster.