News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

The Redwall Graphic Novel

Started by Ashleg, May 30, 2017, 04:49:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ashleg

Not aware if there's another topic for this and frankly we could always use a new one, so here we go!
What are you guys' thoughts on the Redwall Graphic Novel and do you think they should make more for the other books? It's still a possibility.

I personally haven't read it, though I've flipped through the copy that my library has and I must admit it looks kind of interesting.

The Skarzs

I took a look at it one time, but that was years ago. From what I remember it was. . . Mostly accurate? Some changes for the sake of expressing in pictures, but still fairly close.
I wasn't a huge fan of it, for some reason, though I couldn't say why, now. Maybe it was because it was not what I had envisioned in my mind, and I didn't want it to change my own mind's image. I don't know.

As far as other books being made into graphic novels. . . Not sure what to say about that either. I'd certainly be game to take a look at them.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Ashleg

I think that Taggerung or one of the more seafaring books like Mariel (especially Mariel, who'm I kidding would look super cool as a comic.

But yeah, that's the same reason I had for not snagging it.
But if you say it was mostly accurate then I may just have to go find it somewhere.

MeadowR

I didn't even know there was a graphic novel version. :o
~*Meadow*~

Season Namer 2014

Ashleg

LordTBT

It's very well-done, with beautiful artwork.

Alas, at this point I highly doubt we're going to see any other comic adaptations. I'm fairly certain this was a one-off.

Ashleg

The Skarzs

It must not have gotten enough interest to warrant more editions.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Ashleg

Or it's because perhaps it wasn't promoted; seems like not a lot of you guys know about this.

The Skarzs

Perhaps.
Now I feel like getting it to take a look again.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

LordTBT

Quote from: Ashleg on June 01, 2017, 01:42:32 AM
Petitions exist...

I'm someone who would be very receptive to a new graphic novel. But this was published a decade ago. The time has passed.

I think it just simply didn't receive enough interest, as the promotion was there. 2007 was the 20th anniversary of Redwall, and it was published for that, along with Eulalia! and the 20th anniversary edition.

There is some cool news now though: up until very recently it was not available in eBook format. If digital books are your thing, one can read it that way.

NovaNocturne

I think I remember enjoying the graphic novel. It's been so long since I read it. The style was darker than the animated version to be sure!

Ashleg

The animated version always seemed stiff and unappealing to me but a lot of people like it.

The Skarzs

Quote from: NovaNocturne on June 01, 2017, 03:01:12 PM
I think I remember enjoying the graphic novel. It's been so long since I read it. The style was darker than the animated version to be sure!
Oh, definitely. Come to think of it, that may be part of what put me off on it at first, me being about 10 at the time.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

MeadowR

I must look out for this novel for sure. Would be a fun edition to my collection (which is only made up of the 21/22 novels, but oh well :D). Suspect it's not easy to find online, but you never know...
~*Meadow*~

Season Namer 2014