News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

PoM's One Shot Requests

Started by Gonff the Mousethief, March 29, 2015, 05:00:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which is my best story?

Nothing More
0 (0%)
Bird One Shot
0 (0%)
Of Lies and Truth
0 (0%)
For If the Light
0 (0%)
Hope in the Wind (Sand's request)
3 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Gonff the Mousethief

Hello Everyone! Before I start, I would like to thank Sagetip for the idea of this, and I hope you don't mind that I do this. Well, I would like to do this to help improve my writing and give me something to do. I will be taking request of anything, so Just throw it at me. Here is an expamle:

Nothing More

The fog and mist slowly lifted. Two shapes were visible before, but now they could be seen in greater detail. The castle grounds were empty, blood stained with dead and rotting bodies filling each way. All that was alive were the two figures.  One was on it's knees, holding the body of the other in it's arms. A sad story had unfolded here, a terrible one at that.
"No, no!" Cried the kneeling man. His armor was ripped and battered, leaving the once bold shine behind in the remembrance of war. Blood covered his forehead where he had been cut, and the red substance flowed down the side of his chest. He had seen much in this past hour, and all of it he would like to forget.
"Why!" He cried once more. His sight was focused on the dying soldier in his arms. Hot, masses of blood were being pumped out of the sword sized hole in his lower chest. He had not long left on this earth, for his breathing was slowing and his eyelids kept drooping down.
"Come on, keep it up, you'll be f-fi-," the warriors words were cut out by his rush of tears. He could not control them. The pain and suffering of watching his brother, who he had known for the entirety of his life, die in his arms. Never would he carry out the feasts at Christmas time, or watch him and his wife grow old together. Never again would he see his newborn twins, or be an honored guest at a veteran reunion party. Oh, for never again would he speak to his brother, who had built him up to be a the great man he was.
"Don't go, please..." He bowed his head down and let the hot wet tears drain out. The dying brother, with his last amount of energy, lifted up his head with his right hand, and smiled, then laid his hand back and closed his eyes, one last time. A breath came to the older sibling, who was in utter shock. It passed through his sweaty hair and seemed to say, Go on, for I am with you. He fell on the body of his brother and started to bawl, for he knew there was nothing more he could do, nothing more to save him, nothing more to share on more moment with him. Nothing more.
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

Eulaliaaa!

That was very good, my eyes actually started watering. I have a request (if you want) maybe you could write about a bird's view when they're flying. What they see, what it's like, what they're thinking.
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

Gonff the Mousethief

Sure! I did a Poem like this called As The Crow Flies in my new works thread, but ill do your request anyway. Thanks your for the comment!
The message of Lewis;
And the heart of Milne.

Skyblade

Very good as always! I may make a request later.

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Cornflower MM

*Applauds slowly* This is awesome, as ever@ I'll probably request something later, but not at the moment. :)

LT Sandpaw

Hey cool your doing this as well, so out of curiosity I'm going to give you and Sage the same idea and see how it differs between the two of you. ;)

I would like to see a short seen where a group of travelers discover one of their group they trusted is a traitor. They have to decide what to do with him/her whether the kill them or let them go, feel free to have any number of other travelers and species.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Gonff the Mousethief

Sure! I am finished up the bird one, and I will get to that one next!
The message of Lewis;
And the heart of Milne.

Gonff the Mousethief

Sorry about the wait Eul. I have testing this week, and sadly didn't finish it last week, so Ii will try to finish it up either tomorrow or Thursday.

- PoM
The message of Lewis;
And the heart of Milne.

Eulaliaaa!

Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

Gonff the Mousethief

Sorry for the wait Eul, but here it is now!

Bird one shot

Ah, what a wonderful day it is today. The glorious sun rising in the far out east, a crisp morning breeze flowing through my hair, and the serenity of the forest, sending out a soft, calm aura. Today is a day no one has yet to experience, but how I can tell it will be a good one. I look up to observe the vivid sky, with is clouds rolling around like ships lost in a endless sea of soft, yet light blue. Oh! An eagle! What fun he must have, being the king of the Air, Sky, and Wind. What would it be like to look at the world from above? Mystical no doubt, but I wonder...
    He must look down and observe the mighty mountains. Huge and towering are they to me, always being bothered by the icy storms, but what to him? Maybe just little cones from the ground, or small mounds of simple sugar. Could be that he has a small home inside one, and he looks upon it as a place of rest. Only the great beast could know.
    What would my forest home appear as? A simple mark it rub? A stain from the solid grass beneath my feet even! To me, every inch is just a wonderful and splendid masterpiece. The leaves, so eloquently draped in their green Clothes, or the mighty oaks, who have put on a quite fancy attire. Every shoot of grass tickles, yet is a cushion to my rested self. He won't see this though, the bird. Only a blur of green.
   Now I must wonder, what of the river? Yes, to our earthbound selves we gaze upon a roaring mass of water, spraying foam and engulfing rocks as it flows by, but what about the flying fellow? Could it be just a trickle, or a leak from a loose pipe? Who knows, he way not even care! For what business would a grand eagle like himself need at a river? Food yes, but even that is unreasonable. My guess is as good as yours.
    Now that I sit here and think, I would preferably not  like being a bird. All of the details and beauty could not be seen, nor would the feel of a refreshing morning walk. The grass could not touch my talons, nor would my feathers feel the chill of the winter snow. All I would see would be, bland. No taste, no explanation, no, adventure. What a life though, what a life.

The message of Lewis;
And the heart of Milne.

Eulaliaaa!

That was amazing, Gonff! Thank you, I really liked it  ;D

Gonff the Mousethief

Glad you did!  :D

Edit: Oh my Goodness! I accidentally included those other two poems on accident. I typed it all on my phone in notes, and I selected all and Didn't realize they were on there! So sorry!
The message of Lewis;
And the heart of Milne.

Gonff the Mousethief

Sorry it took me almost a month, but here is your request Sandpaw!

I DID take some ideas from Sherlock, LotR, and The Hobbit, so I would like to give them credit. Also, once I finished writing this, I realized I had been reading to much of The Outlander  :P. Anyways, I hope you all enjoy!

NOTE: This DOES co-inside the redwall universe, its just the Northland part.
Of Lies and Truths
TAGS: [DRAMA] [GRIM] [SAD] [ROMANTIC] [AU]
I added tags since this is being entered into the RAFF Contest.

Oh, the moors. Soft was the land, and fresh was the breeze. Adventure was an aroma smelt by the trio, as their quest, which was longsome, was nearing its in. Together, they visited one last ruin to spend the night, as tomorrow they would be crowned hero's of the Rweride. They found a reasonable area of clear tile and sat down.
"Oh, this journey eh! Sticks a coople rucks in y' britches don't it?" Questioned Aross, the bard of the group.
Lazdrum piped up to his friend's comment. "Not if you're wearin' lus n's!"
"Heh, I don' think y' where laddie!"
"Same 'fer yoo!"
"Quiet y' two brawnies! Me 'ead 'urts! Ploos, we be reachin' Urindow 'morrow, so clog y' pipes! Cytrine called at the two life long brothers. Being the only female in the group was tiresome. Those two seemed to never shut up!
"Suit y' self lassie!"
With this, Aross wrapped himself up in his extra kilt and journeyed off into the land of dreams and mystery.
Lazdrum, however, was not tired at all. Really, the hefty archer was nervous. In his kilt pocket he ran his rough, worn out fingers across a beautiful ring, crafted with the finest and most precious metals. The smith had been so precise, that there was not a blemish or smudge on it. Surely, it was meant for a Queen, and a great one at that.
He had every right to be nervous. Cytrine was a beautiful young squirrel. Her long, black hair was luscious and sparkled in the moonlit night. His however, was a dark brown and scruffy, not giving even a small hint of shimmer. Cytrine's rich brown eyes lit up any dark room, even if they themselves were dark. Everytone of her face radiated great beauty, which was uncommon for the people of this land. Proposal was not easy. Two years have they traveled together, and every day they grew closer. Her brave, bold spirit had saved his left many times, and his agility and theft had saved hers as well. Now the timing was perfect. The pale moonlight shone though a broken window by which Cytrine lie, reflecting off of her hair and milky white skin. This was it. Together they would ride into Urindow as a couple, sharing together the adventures that they had witnessed. With a great heap of courage, the quick bowman got up and quietly walked to his love.
"Cytrine, may I ask you something, I must know," he whispered.
The women turned her head, shaking just a little with sweat rolling down her face."
"Yus?"
Lazdrum wiped the sweat away from her forehead. "What worries y'?"
"Oh, Notin' o' 'portance, carry on."
"Well, I just wanted to say I know. I know how you feel about the whole thing and what your preference is."
With this, Cytrine hopped up, looking up at her friend with cold, dead eyes.. "You do not know! What I did wi' them does no' define meh!"
Lazdrum stepped back from her. "Wot y' mean?"
"I mean the Dardiers! Oi dun't know 'ow you found oot' but I dun't care! Too lung have Oi carried on with y' two, questin' and slayin' just t' get recognition! Moi true self is with them!"
An expression of horror came across his face. The Dardiers where a group of top notch assassins that hunted on flesh in Rweride. The Evil which consumes each and every one of them is one not taken lightly. It transforms people from humans to killing, savage slaves. He didn't know how to feel. Lazdrum could be killed right now on the spot along with his brother. No option wad left.
Slowly, Lazdrum pulled out the silver ring. "Oi don't care, nor want t' hear wot I've done. All I wanted t' ask was, if you wanted to marry meh."
This time, Cytrine stepped back. Had she just told him her secret? If so, why did he still love her? No, this couldn't be real, no one would love her. She was a brainless killing machine in a women's body. No man would want that.
She looked back up with him, tears in her eyes.
"Yes".

After she spoke, her dagger was taken swiftly from her belt and thrusted into her chest, spewing her hot blood over her fiance. A thud could be heard as her dying body hit the stone floors of the building. Lazdrum dived down, and grabbed the women. He looked down at her. The shimmer in her hair seemed to have faded away. All of the life in her eyes was slowly leaving. The bright beauty of her skin was gone.
Tears flowed down the archer's eyes. While crying, he looked down, and saw three words move from his friend's mouth. Slowly they came, each on tugging out more and more of a precious life. As much as they hurt, she said them.
"I, Love, You."

The smell of wind seemed off today. It no longer felt sweet and lush. No, today it was stern, and cold, like a stern force. Through it though, two horses walked. The gray day had not dampened their spirits, but it had their riders. Both brothers sat, looking west to the Capitol of Rweride, Urindow. With a large sigh, Aross plodded down a small hill. Before doing the same, his brother, Lazdrum, looked back to the ruins where they had slept the night. Right outside was a small stone sticking up from the ground. Sitting right in front of it was a silver ring, crafted in the purest of ways. A smile came across the man's face. And with that, he plodded off with his brother towards their final destiny, the end goal of their trip. A solitary tear fell from his eye as his horse moved. He would always remember the good, even if it came from the bad.
The message of Lewis;
And the heart of Milne.

LT Sandpaw

wow, That was very well done top marks. It was a bit unexpected so plus for the surprise factor. Well written with the Highlander setting, all in all very well done.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Gonff the Mousethief

Glad you liked it! I didn't want to do a cliche let them go or kill them off type scenario. It took a while but I got this idea going and well, Tedah!
The message of Lewis;
And the heart of Milne.