News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Summer 2015 Fanfiction Awards

Started by Captain Tammo, July 30, 2015, 05:27:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Tammo

Quote from: CaptainRocktree on July 31, 2015, 02:44:07 PM
As Roc turns to meet Captain Leo his jaw drops and his face lights up with a bg smile.
"Slap me sword and sink my rudder!, Its Cap'n Leo himself! Wow, Im honored to meet you sir!"
The young otter tries to straighten up his suit to impress the mouse captain. As the captain asked about what awards he was looking forward too. He replied: "Not really any awards in particular, but I'm here to see them all!"

Leonardo laughed, "Oh, the pleasure's all mine! I recall overhearing Captain Tammo mentioning something about certain land you are governing. Sounds like you've got your paws full, sir! And I suppose that would denote you're royalty!

OOC: this land that I'm talking about is referencing the New Redwall Minecraft Server.

BIC: Leonardo sees La-La Taebor walk by and excuses himself from the two. "Have a good night, friends, I'll see you in the event!

"La-La Taebor! It's great to have you here, and may I say you look as wonderful as ever!"
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

rrrrr

BIC: A tall otter walked quickly along the red carpet, smiling and waving to everyone.

OOC: I don't know what this is, but I'll join. :D
I'm relatively new. This character is from Hunger Games RP.
rrrrr.....

Ho arr, mateys, swimming is fun!

I had shrimp 'n' hotroot soup today.

Skyblade

A small badger with a blue tint in her fur and a bushy tail appeared.

"What is this?" she murmured, looking around with narrowed eyes.

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Captain Tammo

Heads turn towards the ceiling as the lights dim, signalling that the event is about to start. People, RP and Fanfiction creations, and a few notable characters from Brian Jacques' works eagerly shuffle into the grand auditorium. As seats are taken and entrees are served, the lights dim for a second time and a spotlight illuminates the stage.

"Llllladies, gentlemen, and creatures of all walks of life, wwwwwelcome to the first ever Official Redwall Abbey Forum Fanfiction Awards Ceremony!" Cheers fill the room as the announcer continues "Please help me welcome to the stage tonight's host, Captain Tammo!"

Captain Tammo walks out onto the stage and gives a wave to the crowd before him. In the audience, a reporter holds a tape recorder to her lips and speaks into it. "It appears that Captain Tammo's wardrobe hearkens back to the traditional Long Patrol Officer's garb. He is wearing a long, dark parade jacket with a tail and a pair of scarlet bands about his wrist. In the top corner of his chest, a series of new medals are hung in a neat row..."

As Captain Tammo took center stage, the applause began to die down and silence once again filled the auditorium. He took a deep breath and gave no effort to hide his smile, "Thank you everyone for coming out the RAFF Awards. We have a great event lined up for you this evening! My team and I have been hard at work for over a month to make this event a possibility, so it's really a pleasure to see our efforts paying off. We had over 10% of the forum's fanfictions submitted into the competition-- more than twice that of any fanfiction before now-- and we could not be more thrilled about it. There are 27 stories in the competition, each a great work of art... but there can only be one winner for each award. So, what do you say we start things off?"

The audience applauds again as Captain Tammo steps up to a podium off center with the stage to allow a clear line of sight to the screen behind him. He holds an envelope with a wax seal tightly in his grip.

"Our first award of the evening is the Best Drama Award. This is an award given to authors who, through their work, give readers an experience full of exciting, emotional, and unexpected events, bound to keep us intrigued as we read. As a somewhat common genre here on the forum, drama writers often find themselves in a great competition to make their work stand out from the rest, making for some truly fantastic results. Here are the nominees for Best Drama..."

Flandir's Field by BlueRose
" I hope that someday, somehow, I will see her again, the lonely squirrel who loved and lost for eternity."

For if the Light by Gonff the Mousethief
"All Darkness is, is the absence of Light; and when that Light shines, all of the Darkness will wither away. Just. Like. You."

Youthful Disclosure by Cairn Destop
"The candle's weak light bobbed upon the waves until it was lost from sight.  Chitter sat upon the shore and sobbed.  One by one, his friends gathered around him and together they stared out to sea until sleep claimed them all."

The Tale of the Blademaster by Jukka the Sling
"She took off, running past Algie down to the trampled area. The others came up behind Buckler.
"I say, what's going on?" Algie inquired. Then it hit him. "Her family."
"

The Moss Crew by Gonff the Mousethief
"The boats rushed forward through the river likes arrows out of a bow. Faster they danced, and faster they went down the stream. But suddenly, the shrews started to disapear. One by one, they were going into thin air."

"And the winner of the Best Drama Award goes to..."

As Captain Tammo pulls the results out of the envelope, a grin creeps across his face.

Best Drama Award

"Flandir's Field by BlueRose!"

Captain Tammo steps back from the podium and scans the crowd for BlueRose. After some time, he gets a nod from a creature off stage and returns to the podium.

"It appears that BlueRose has not been active on the forum for some time. We will inform her of her achievement through Private Message and, should she make it to the show, we will give her a chance to accept her award."
[close]

-------------------

We will be posting 1-2 awards daily! be sure to click that "notify" button in the top corner of the screen to stay up to date on the RAFF awards. In the meantime, feel free to RP and/or post congratulatory messages in-between awards!
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Jukka the Sling

Upon hearing the winner announced, Kaylan smiled and suddenly yelled, "Way to go, BlueRose!"  She didn't really care if that was an undignified thing to do at an awards ceremony.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Skyblade

The badger was still confused, but if there was one thing she knew, it was that awards = good. She started clapping. "Congratulations, Bluerose!"

Hickory

A white fan with FNN on its side stopped a short distance away from the event. A tall hare exited the van and, accompanyed by his camera crew made his way toward the carpet.

"This is Sage Tip reporting live from the RAFF Awards Red Carpet ceremony, hosted by the infamous Captain Tammo! The Best Drama award has already been awarded to BlueRose.... let's find her and ask her about it. Ms. Rose, hw do you feel about winning this award? Do you plan to continue competing?"
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

The Skarzs

(Blue is on break of the Forum, just FYI.)

A cougar stood far to the side of the stage, his usual leather armor done away with for the moment for a dark blue suit; he figured that it would have been far too out of place to be wearing the battle-worn thing to a fancy gathering such as this. His massive paws made loud, dull sounds as he applauded with the rest for the award winner. Even though he knew his inviter wasn't there in person, he was still concerned about whether or not he would be able to bring back any award for him. There were so many nominations. . .
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Gonff the Mousethief

Marshall clapped when the winner was named.
"Bravo lassie! Wonderful story for a splendid award!"
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

The Skarzs

After Tammo was done and the applause had died down a bit, the cougar stepped up the stage.
 "Hello; the judge Skarzs is unable to be present here today. My name is Ronhuk, and he asked me to present awards for him." Clearing his throat, he took a paper from his suit and allowed himself a moment to read it.
 "Presenting the award for the fan fiction for the best action. There were several works nominated for this award, their fights and plots full of vivid movement and, obviously, action. These kept us glued to our seats as we read them, wondering what the outcome would be, who would win. But as with every award, one piece of writing must be chosen as winner, one that must stand out above the others for its energy and excitement. Here are the nominees for Best Action...

Not All Evil... by The Skarzs
""Shut up!" Eshery yelled. It had begun to rain, and the water mingled with the tears that ran down her face. "Can't you see he risked his life for us? Can't you see that the last thing he did was something good? Your stubbornness is blinding you from the fact: They aren't all evil!""

Dusktail by Darkenmal
"You dare enter my mountain and utter threats to me and my hares? You think you have the right to desecrate the flag of peace and the bodies of our dead? You think you have the strength to resist an enraged Salamandastron? You think... that you have won?!"

They Weren't the Heroes we Wanted by Eulaliaaa!
"The heroes came here on one terrible day, when we were desperate enough to not turn them away. We were forced to accept them, to forget and forgive, in hopes that those outcasts could help us to live."

The Outlander by SandyB
"My Sword," he barked, "promise me one thing,"
   "Anything Sire,"
   "Avenge my death." With that, he heaved himself upright, shed his helmet and charged headlong into a group of wearet cavalry.

The Tale of the Blademaster by Jukka the Sling
"She took off, running past Algie down to the trampled area. The others came up behind Buckler.
"I say, what's going on?" Algie inquired. Then it hit him. "Her family."

And that award is presented to. . ."

Best Action Award

The cougar waved his paw out at the crowd. "Dusktail, a Tale of Redwall, the lengthy literary work of Darkenmal!"
[close]
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Skyblade

The badger rose and immediately started clapping again. "Kudos, Darkenmal!" she yelled, knowing that her voice would soon be lost in a storm of sound.

Jukka the Sling

Kaylan started clapping wildly.  "Congratulations, Darkenmal!"
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Captain Tammo

As Ronhuk leaves the stage, the announcer's voice sounds above the applause.

"And now, here to present the Summer 2015 Most Promising Fanfiction Award, please welcome Captain Leonardo Williams!"

A tall mouse dressed in a simple, yet appropriate, black tuxedo strides confidently out onto the stage with an envelope in his paw. He stops on the mark and nervously clears his throat before speaking to the large crowd.

"All year long, authors are working hard at balancing everyday life with being a dedicated writer. Many of the Fanfictions on the forum are posted just one chapter or section per week or so, yet still keep us enchanted with the author's ability. Sometimes, you only need to read a prologue or single chapter before you know that the Fanfiction you're reading shows promise. The Summer 2015 Most Promising Fanfiction Award is given to a Fanfiction that is still in the process of being written or posted, and aims to recognize those special works. Here are the nominees for the Summer 2015 Most Promising Fanfiction Award...

They Weren't the Heroes We Wanted by Eulaliaaa!
A unique tale of a group of woodland creatures trying to get through a life with the blessing and curse of having superpowers.

Fire Mountain: A Redwall Version of Pompeii by Skyblade
Delka Brushtail, Badger Lord of Salamandastron, tells two rebellious trainees about the time-forgotten legend of the Fire Mountain.

When the Bell of Danger Tolls by Gonff the Mousethief
With evil about to make a move on the world, seven unlikely heroes will embark on a quest to stop the trouble before it can start.

The Crew of the Lady Fortune by Sagetip, the Hare
A Castaways Fanfiction featuring Ben and Ned's adventures aboard the Lady Fortune, a mid-18th century French merchant vessel sailing for adventure.

Nyroc Brushdale: A Journey to Genesis by Soren the Warrior
Set in a creative, alternate universe, Nyroc Brushdale seeks to one day make himself one of history's greatest creatures.

Leonardo eagerly cracks open the envelope. Hiding the fact that he accidentally tore the results inside by keeping the paper behind the podium, he puts the tear together and reads...

Summer 2015 Most Promising Fanfiction

"And the winner is Fire Mountain: A Redwall Version of Pompeii by Skyblade!"

Leonardo steps away from the podium to allow for Skyblade an opportunity for a speech.

[close]

CaptainRocktree

Roc stands up and says "Congratz to all 3 of you! You did an amazing job!"
Not all those who wander are lost.
J.R.R Tolkien

Jetthebinturong

Using a z in "congrats" is for people who text too much. Congratulations anyway.
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan