IF YOU WANT THE OLD FORUM BACK

Started by Wylder Treejumper, March 03, 2016, 12:15:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wylder Treejumper

Some of you may or may not have noticed the lack of progress concerning the matter of regaining the old forum. We have contacted the Redwall Abbey Company, attempted to get ahold of the webmaster, and contacted the hosting site. All our efforts have proved fruitless. So far, the Redwall Abbey Company has proved silent on the matter. As a result, we, the few Redwall fans left to uphold the great series, have decided to make personal appeals to the relative of the revered author, Mr. Brian Jacques, in order to maintain our beloved community.

If it is possible for you to do so, we would appreciate your writing to Mr. Jacques' son (who is the director of the Redwall Abbey Company) to remind them that there is still a dedicated, if reduced, community reliant on him. His address is as follows:

Mr. David Jacques, Director, Redwall Abbey Company
Address: Flat 1 Gledhill, 1 Mossley Hill Drive, Liverpool, L17 1AJ, UK

Please notify him of the current situation, and express your eagerness to have the old forum back up.

UPDATE: Include James' contact info so that the problem can be solved as quickly as possible: james.gryphon@yahoo.com

USPS Website
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Jukka the Sling

"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Søren

I'm retired from the forum

Wylder Treejumper

"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

James Gryphon

We've talked about this (in the shoutbox). It seems like a good idea to me, so I said to go for it, and put it up in the news when Wylder posted it.

That said, I haven't talked to Matthias about this or gotten an update from Gonff just yet. I'll contact both of them tonight; see what the boss says, and also see if Gonff has any new word.

I want y'all to be ready to do this, because it seems like our best chance of communicating that this is an issue that people care about, but once you've written it, don't send it in the mail just yet, until one of us gives the all-clear.

Edit: Contacted both Matthias and Gonff. I'll let y'all know what all is up and whether we are good to go ahead with this as soon as possible.
« Subject to editing »

Lady Ashenwyte

Would it be possible to send an email? Sending a letter from Singapore to the U.K could be complicated.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Jetthebinturong

I believe you mean the UK.

And yes is there a way to send an email?
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Wylder Treejumper

Unfortunately, we are unable to reach him by email. This is the only contact information we have, courtesy of the filings of the Redwall Abbey Company. It is very probably our last effort; unless the webmaster puts the forum back up again, we are unable to access either it or the database. And while I am unsure of the details of international postage, it should hopefully be a reasonable attempt. Postage from the U.S., at least, seems about $1.20 for a First-Class International Letter (USPS).
-Thomas Paine

-George Washington

Søren

Hmm. That creates an issue for me.

Skyblade

I'd like to help, but I don't know if my parents would let me send the letter. Nevertheless, I'll have it written. Please let us know ASAP when we can send them. Thank you!

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Ashleg

Quote from: Skyblade on March 05, 2016, 01:34:24 AM
I'd like to help, but I don't know if my parents would let me send the letter. Nevertheless, I'll have it written. Please let us know ASAP when we can send them. Thank you!
I can second that.

Cornflower MM

Quote from: Ashleg on March 05, 2016, 03:26:17 AM
I can second that.

Thirded.

Captain Tammo

I'm onboard as well.

By the way, how did you get this address information (if it is not through private means, that is)?
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Wylder Treejumper

His post as Director of the Redwall Abbey Company is public domain, and therefore so is the correspondence address I obtained.
-Thomas Paine

-George Washington

Søren

Quote from: Cornflower MM on March 05, 2016, 10:12:44 PM
Quote from: Ashleg on March 05, 2016, 03:26:17 AM
I can second that.

Thirded.
Quaded.
In fact, I know they won't let me.