Happy Fourth of July!

Started by The Skarzs, July 04, 2017, 07:00:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Rosie Willowwater

The Skarzs

Happy Fourth of July, to every American! We are blessed to be in this country.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Cornflower MM

Happy 4th, y'all. Please be considerate and keep the fireworks, guns, and explosives to a minimum after 12:30. :P

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Ashleg

Chipster of Noonvale

Lady Amber

Happy Fourth of July, everyone!

Russa Nodrey

Freddy

Nadaz, voice of the host

Happy 4th!
Can anyone tell me what the logic is behind letting thousands of people shoot explosives into the air rather then say reading the constitution and its amendments to little kids. It seems more patriotic and practical that kids know what the government of the usa is based on then causing thousands of burn injuries. (in my neighborhood alone there were at least 15 or so families setting fireworks off and two ambulances came in the middle of the night probably because of fireworks injuries)
It matters not what you fight, but what you fight for.

Cornflower MM

Good grief,  Nadaz, that sounds horrible. I hope everyone is mostly okay. I don't really know what the logic is, and I don't really get it myself.

Also, just so y'all know, people were still doing boom-y things at 1:30 and I think the last one I heard was around 2. My sleep schedule is already bad enough, I was not pleased. >_<

Ashleg

Well, when done responsibly, fireworks are great.

Cornflower MM

Grond

Quote from: Nadaz, voice of the host on July 05, 2018, 03:30:30 PM
Happy 4th!
Can anyone tell me what the logic is behind letting thousands of people shoot explosives into the air rather then say reading the constitution and its amendments to little kids. It seems more patriotic and practical that kids know what the government of the usa is based on then causing thousands of burn injuries. (in my neighborhood alone there were at least 15 or so families setting fireworks off and two ambulances came in the middle of the night probably because of fireworks injuries)

I would go out on a limb here and say that most firework related injuries occur when people or kids decide its a good idea to shoot fireworks at each other or play fireworks tag. The most common firework for this appears to be the so call roman candle. The problem here is misuse of a product and not that the product when used as intended is inherently dangerous... Apart from that if you use fireworks as they were intended and follow very basic instructions that come with them any sane person should be fine/safe in using them. They really ain't rocket science...

Anyway happy delayed 4th of July to all the Americans on here!!