News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Pirates of the Caribbean

Started by Ashleg, August 17, 2017, 05:12:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ashleg

These movies are good.
The ride is good.
The song is good.

LET'S VOCALIZE THAT.

Andy

I haven't seen all the movies. Loved the ones I had seen back in high school when I saw them, but it's been at least half a dozen years since then so all I really remember is the "why is the rum gone?" bit.
Only actions can speak the truth.

Ashleg

Go see the one that just came out.
Trust me, it is worth it.

Andy

I don't watch movies in theatres (partly because I'd have to go out of town to do so), and seem to recall somewhat losing interest at one point in the series. If I see it, it'll probably be on Netflix some day or whenever the Disney Movie Club has it as the featured title.
Only actions can speak the truth.

MeadowR

I'm all right with the first three. The setting is interesting for me in the first. I know some people find the second and third a mess, but I did find them quite entertaining on my last watch. I found the fourth one dull; really lacking in an engaging story. Haven't seen the fifth.
~*Meadow*~

Season Namer 2014

Ashleg

The fourth one was, in all terms..."meh".
The fifth is very much in the spirit of the first three.

MeadowR

I'll make sure I get to watch it at some point!
~*Meadow*~

Season Namer 2014

Ashleg

Do it.

The villain is amazing.

And Barbossa really shines.

MeadowR

Done it! :D

You're right; it is more in the spirit of the first three. Definite improvement on the fourth.

Also I have now experienced the ride!!! :D That was cool. The animatronics and all the detail was so, so impressive.
~*Meadow*~

Season Namer 2014

Ashleg

Sweet!

Ah, when did you go?
(And which one was it? Land or World?)

MeadowR

World. :) I was going to say that I was (finally!!!) going to Orlando in the vacation thread, but I got super-stressed the day before going, really thinking I might not get let in to the US, so yeah, my 'woo, I'm doing this' post didn't happen. :0 Thankfully all was well!!! ;D So it was last week that I went.
~*Meadow*~

Season Namer 2014

Ashleg

Wait, whaaaa?

You're not American?

I did not know that.

MeadowR

But I have the England flag under my username. :P
~*Meadow*~

Season Namer 2014

Ashleg

*Inception*

Heh. Bad eyes, y'know...

That's the England flag? Are the English and British flags different?

MeadowR

Yes. The British/Union Jack flag combines the English cross and Scottish saltire (sp) flags, as well as the thin red saltire to represent Ireland.
~*Meadow*~

Season Namer 2014