News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Extinct

Started by Maudie, October 11, 2017, 12:17:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jetthebinturong

He still makes money off it though, even if it's free to watch. And there's nothing wrong with refusing to give money to someone who you don't like. It's the reason my family doesn't have Sky TV.
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Jukka the Sling

What's wrong with Sky TV?  (I know zilch about it, and I'm curious as to why you're against it.)

Anyone should be free to decide what they want to watch and who they want to support. ^^  Personally, I lost whatever respect I had for Mark Hamill when it was revealed he and his wife tried to force (no pun intended, really) their son's girlfriend to have an abortion... but I'm still gonna go see The Last Jedi in December.  It's not as though my money is going to enable him to fund abortions everywhere.

On a more on-topic note, has anyone checked out the Extinct wiki?  It's extremely well-designed and professional-looking.  I've helped out there a little, but it still needs a lot of content pages.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Jetthebinturong

Sky is owned by Rupert Murdoch, who also runs The Sun newspaper and is the CEO of Fox News.
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Maudie

Quote from: Jetthebinturong on October 22, 2017, 08:33:02 PM
He still makes money off it though, even if it's free to watch. And there's nothing wrong with refusing to give money to someone who you don't like. It's the reason my family doesn't have Sky TV.

Fair enough.
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3