News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Video Games

Started by Gonff the Mousethief, February 24, 2016, 04:27:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Edraithel

Has anyone played War in the North? I really liked the game because I'm a big lotr fan but it was kinda limited and there was some bugs.
I play league of legends, team fortress 2, skyrim, the hobbit, and a couple others.
"A cage," she said. "To stay behind bars, until use and old age accept them, and all chance of doing great deeds is gone beyond recall or desire." - Eowyn, Lord of the Rings

"Listen for the destination in your heart if you lose sight of your path." D. Gray Man

Firehawke

Anyone else addicted to Kairosoft games???  Just got Station Manager for my Kindle last week (now if they'll just release Fish Pond Park for Kindle!) and it's taking me away from Pokemon Moon (which, incidentally, I ended up playing really late last night because I couldn't think of any other way to help my brain relax enough to let me sleep)
The knitting, crochecting, Zoo Tycoon playing, frog loving member!

Gonff the Mousethief

So, I've been playing through the games I got mor my birthday and Christmas, and I have really enjoyed them. Here is a list of the ones I've beaten/enjoyed very much.

Bioshock Infinite. Very good game with easy combat, a super engaging story, and some of the most iconic characters to come out of the last generation of gaming. Elizabeth is just like, the best. Plus there is a twist which makes everything connect.

Final Fantasy 15. Easily my favorite game of 2016. Loved every second I played it. Basically, it was meant for me in every way. Such good combat and story I could not put it down for weeks.

Watch Dogs 2. Now this game isn't the most family friendly one out there, but it is still good. I find most of the enjoyment in the hacking rather than the story, which is great because the world is built around that concept.

Pokémon Moon. This game took everything great about X and made it ten times better. All the things changed for the new region were fantastic. I especially love the new moves that came with the types. Plus the region of Alola is pretty dang nice.

The Arkham Games (Arkham Asylum, Arkham City, Arkham Knight). These three games are a perfect trilogy. The first one starts out like a comic book made into a game with a nice open area and fast paced story. Then things start to change in the City with new villains and schemes, until finally in Knight you are faced with multiple threats spanning from all the way back to the first game. I mean, it is Batman after all.

Skyrim: Speical Edition. 'Nuff Said.

Stardew Valley: I love this game with a burning passion. From the moment I planted my first parsnip seed I knew I would be hooked. This game sucked the life out of me but it was worth it. There is just so much to do!

So yeah, those are the games I've beaten and recommend highly. Hopefully this year I can find even better ones (Except Scalebound... THE ONE GAME I WANTED TO PLAY)
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

Hickory

I've been playing Battlefield 1 quite often, and also Stellaris now that I bought it. Both are quite good.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Lady Ashenwyte

The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Feles

I used to side with the stormcloaks (finish meme here) But now I always choose empire.
I am the harbinger of the spicy rooster apocalypse,
I am the hydrogen bomb in a necktie,
I hold the flames of a thousand collapsed stars,
I am Bobracha!

Dannflower Reguba

Am I the only person on the forum that plays SMITE and Warframe?  :'(
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Feles

I play Warframe occasionally.
I am Bobracha!

CaptainRocktree

Warface is one of the best free-to-play games out there, you guys should check it out.
Not all those who wander are lost.
J.R.R Tolkien

Luftwaffles

I'm currently playing Baseball on NES:

Spoiler
I don't know why, but for some reason it just keeps being the best baseball game that I have ever played. It's as primitive as can be, but it turns that fact into its biggest advantage... it doesn't try to sell fancy camera angles nor over-complicated fielding (like games such as ESPN Baseball Tonight) and that just makes it the perfect time killer -although, I gotta admit that sometimes playing the outfield is a little awkward and the AI is the meanest in the history of anything, kinda like the offspring of Skynet and Josè Canseco, but I digress-.

It's not that it's hard, it's just... mean-spirited. Let me try to illustrate my point by the means of a direct example:

At one point I had taken down the first two batters of the computer, but the third one just barely got to first base. Since the game's flow was so overwhelmingly on my favor, I decided to tease the thing by passing the ball around all the in-field players (thus delaying the next at-bat). I did this twice, and... while the ball was going from first to third... the darn thing went and stole second! I was like "WHAT?! HOW DARE YOU?!"

On another game, I had completely shut down the game's offensive; I hit a HR off my first at-bat and struck out the top of the order with remarkable ease... then, on the very bottom of the ninth inning, the thing got hits off my every pitch and completely stole the win for me. And the thing is that this happens on every game, it will ALWAYS put up a fight and you will sweat to come on top. I have won more than I have lost, but no game ends with you winning for more than three runs... it's super challenging.
[close]

I have also been playing Bases Loaded (also on the NES) and, while vastly superior, it lost a lot of playability and charm. Kinda like... "Nice! Now I can change the line-up, see the stats, watch the pitcher's throwing motion and the number in his back (among a ton of other things); This is really cool! But... uh-oh, the sudden change of camera angle after they have gotten a hit off me made me lose track of the ball and now the batter got to a scoring position with no effort whatsoever". I'm sure I could eventually get used to it, but the problem is that I already know better.

And I have been trying to push my way thru LUNAR: Dragon Song. What a waste of a great name and franchise.
~Please be sure to join us if ever you are passing~.

Having problems joining the board or accessing your account? E-mail us! Have Redwall news or artwork to share? Tweet us!

James Gryphon

@Sierra: You ever play Backyard Baseball (the original, or at most the 2003 version, not the later ones or the PS games, which are inferior)? It's also known for its simplicity, while having a charm and personality to it that other baseball games lack. Both me and Matthias have played it.
« Subject to editing »

Luftwaffles

Not yet, but @Matthias720 did a darn good job selling me into the idea of playing it (and I'm afraid that you are guilty of the same thing. Not cool, man ;)).

PS:
Spoiler

REVENGE IS SO SWEET >:D
[close]

~Please be sure to join us if ever you are passing~.

Having problems joining the board or accessing your account? E-mail us! Have Redwall news or artwork to share? Tweet us!

Dannflower Reguba

Quote from: James Gryphon on February 07, 2017, 07:58:15 PM
@Sierra: You ever play Backyard Baseball (the original, or at most the 2003 version, not the later ones or the PS games, which are inferior)? It's also known for its simplicity, while having a charm and personality to it that other baseball games lack. Both me and Matthias have played it.

Goodness, I haven't seen that name in a long time!  :o Pablo (the "secret weapon") was broken OP, and nobody alive could catch Pete Wheeler.
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Feles

Quote from: danflorreguba on May 10, 2017, 11:55:23 PM
nobody alive could catch Pete Wheeler.
Throw a corpse at him.
I am Bobracha!

Ashleg

Quote from: Delthion on September 05, 2016, 12:12:15 AM
Anybody play Pirate101 or League of Legends? I greatly prefer Pirate101 to Wizard101. ;D

I don't care how old this post is.
@Delthion I'm new to Pirate101 and I need help.