Martin's Family

Started by Taggerung_of_Redwall, July 03, 2011, 06:00:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taggerung_of_Redwall

Greatest champion of Redwall, founding warrior, and wanderer of Mossflower. Martin the Warrior had a fascinating history in his family. You find his father gaining him as a son at Saint Ninian's, and the two eventually ending up on their own fair share of adventurers. They are separated, and are not given the chance to reconnect as living beasts. Either his father or grandfather, Martin the Elder was an ancestor of Luke the Warrior. He first wielded the sword of Martin. He started a legacy which would found and be responsible for the entire course of Redwall Abbey and the amazing journey it took through the history of the series, through the series of Redwall.
Start building something beautiful and just put the hate away

Galedeep

That was a fantastic paragraph, but what exactly is this topic about? What are supposed to be talking about I mean?

Taggerung_of_Redwall

This is a discussion board.

As such, Martin's family will be discussed, as the topics at hand are in the rest of the board.

Galedeep

Ok, let's get started then! Why do you think it's only Martin that appears in the dreams in the books and not any of the other famous redwall warriors?

Taggerung_of_Redwall

I think it has to do with him being the main champion. In a way, he choose all the Redwall warriors who came after him to defend the Abbey.

DanielofRedwall

Is Martin's spirit like a physical thing that lives at Redwall, or do people just have dreams about him and that is how his spirit lives on? This question has been bugging me for so long!
Received mostly negative reviews.

Storm

I think that there is a place of sunny fields and quiet forests were the spirit of the warriors and the good live once they have left. It is called the Dark forest. At times when warriors the most help Martin comes in a dream to guide them
Friends, Romans, Countrymen, lend me your ears.
I have come to bury Caesar, not praise him.
"Julius Caesar" by William Shakespeare

Taggerung_of_Redwall

@DanielofRedwall: I'd say Martin guides Redwall. That's all the series suggests, so that's the way it ought to be taken.

Icefire

Quote from: Galedeep on July 03, 2011, 06:14:56 AM
Ok, let's get started then! Why do you think it's only Martin that appears in the dreams in the books and not any of the other famous redwall warriors?
SPOILER ALERT!!!
Ok, correct me if I'm wrong...it has been awhile since I've read these specific books...but I think in the Long Patrol most, if not all, the past Redwall warriors (Mariel's included...I know that much!) show up in young Russano's dream to show him who lives and who dies in the battle to come. And in Triss, Trisscar's father showed up with Martin to deliver her a message. I'm almost completely certain others show up as well, but I can't remember who or when. My guess is that Martin shows up most often because he is THE Protector of Redwall.
Does this make any sense? I really shouldn't try to explain things at midnight. :P
Living in peace, aye many a season,
Calm in life and sound in reason,,
'Til evil arrives, a wicked horde,
Driving a warrior to pick up his sword,
The challenger rings then, straight and fair,
Justice is with us, beware. Beware!

DanielofRedwall

Quote from: Icefire on July 04, 2011, 08:42:25 AM
Quote from: Galedeep on July 03, 2011, 06:14:56 AM
SPOILER ALERT!!!
Ok, correct me if I'm wrong...it has been awhile since I've read these specific books...but I think in the Long Patrol most, if not all, the past Redwall warriors (Mariel's included...I know that much!) show up in young Russano's dream to show him who lives and who dies in the battle to come. And in Triss, Trisscar's father showed up with Martin to deliver her a message. I'm almost completely certain others show up as well, but I can't remember who or when. My guess is that Martin shows up most often because he is THE Protector of Redwall.
Does this make any sense? I really shouldn't try to explain things at midnight. :P
Certainly interesting thing to think about, and yes, that did make sense!
Received mostly negative reviews.

Taggerung_of_Redwall

You're mistaken. All the past BADGER LORDS AND LADIES appeared to young Russano, not Redwall warriors.

Icefire

Quote from: Taggerung_of_Redwall on July 04, 2011, 03:37:42 PM
You're mistaken. All the past BADGER LORDS AND LADIES appeared to young Russano, not Redwall warriors.
Really? I need to read that book again then 'cause I was almost completely certain that I remembered Mariel in there somewhere.  :-\
Living in peace, aye many a season,
Calm in life and sound in reason,,
'Til evil arrives, a wicked horde,
Driving a warrior to pick up his sword,
The challenger rings then, straight and fair,
Justice is with us, beware. Beware!

Taggerung_of_Redwall

Maybe. Martin appeared to many Badgerlords, along with the sires of Badgerlords. He was defiantly a very powerful figure along with them.

I know all the Badgerlords appeared to Gorath the Flame, with Lord Brocktree at their head.

Osu

Quote from: Taggerung_of_Redwall on July 04, 2011, 03:37:42 PM
All the "great warriors of the past" did, including Gonff and Mariel. I remember this well.

Martin Sr., the grandfather - I am kind of curious about him. He was the leader of his tribe, wasn't he?
Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.

Taggerung_of_Redwall

He might have been, he's pretty unknown. Even his position as an ancestor of Martin is disputed.