Sampetra

Started by Romsca, December 22, 2012, 06:26:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you think Sampetra was the same island as Riftgard?

Yes
5 (16.1%)
No
26 (83.9%)

Total Members Voted: 31

alderbowbeast

Riftgard is on the mainland.
Alder, Recorder of Redwall Abbey and Mossflower Country

Leatho Shellhound

There are more trees on Riftgard.
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Kitsune

You're reading Triss??

Leatho Shellhound

click the banner

Romsca

Quote from: Romsca on February 18, 2013, 03:22:53 AM
We can talk about other things regarding Sampetra. Like were the vermin pirates, privateers, or just soldiers? There are distinct differences and yet the vermin are like all three of them at different times in different ways

They did exactly what Ublaz wanted, like soldiers, they paid him tribute, like privateers, and they acted like (and called themselves) pirates. This has always confused me. Comments?

Kitsune

Leatho Shellhound

Quote from: PluggFiretail on March 07, 2013, 12:15:20 AM
Quote from: Leatho Shellhound on March 06, 2013, 11:22:25 PM
Quote from: PluggFiretail on March 06, 2013, 09:39:52 PM
You're reading Triss??

yep
Cool! Can you tell me when your done?

Sure, plugg just popped on the seen.

Quote from: Romsca on March 07, 2013, 12:11:52 AM
We can talk about other things regarding Sampetra. Like were the vermin pirates, privateers, or just soldiers? There are distinct differences and yet the vermin are like all three of them at different times in different ways

They did exactly what Ublaz wanted, like soldiers, they paid him tribute, like privateers, and they acted like (and called themselves) pirates. This has always confused me. Comments?

Hmmm, Well it is kinda like Gabool is whats-her-face book, king over the pirates...some one had to be king. As well, he had all the wood. And in all fairness there was a revolt, right?

click the banner

The Shade

Wait, Riftgaurd is on the mainland is'nt it???
They told me I was gullible. I believed them.

It is well known that 47% of statistics are made up on the spot.

I used to leave out half my sentances, but now I

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Quote from: Leatho Shellhound on March 07, 2013, 02:27:45 AM
Quote from: Romsca on March 07, 2013, 12:11:52 AM

Hmmm, Well it is kinda like Gabool is whats-her-face book, king over the pirates...some one had to be king. As well, he had all the wood. And in all fairness there was a revolt, right?

Aye, Ublaz 'ad aw ze vood, zae if zeir zhipz vere damaged zen zey 'ad tae pay up tae get ze vood tae repair zem. Ziz upzet ze piratez, zae zey revolted in outrage, zorta like vot zparked ze American Revolutionary War. Zey rebelled againzt ze tyranny o' Ublaz.
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Kitsune

I'm pretty sure Riftgard is an Island.

Ungatt Trunn

You should add the option "Maybe" because that would be my answer.

Life is too short to rush through it.

Mariel

Gabool is in Mariel of Redwall. I should know, it's my favorite.(The only problem is Mariel dosen't wield a sword.   :(    I'm sword-crazy. :)

Vilu Daskar

No and Riftgard isn't a island.
Never trust a smiling pirate.  :D

I can do that because I'm awesome.

"It really gets up my nose when publishers call my book another Lord of the Rings. It's my bloody book! I wrote it. And another thing, I didn't have to plunder Norse and European mythology to do it!" - Brian Jacques.

Kitsune

Does it say that it isn't in the book?

Romsca

It is an island; Triss, Shogg, and Welko came to Mossflower on a boat. Look at the Triss map.

Anyway, we've talked about that enough (I've tried to change the topic at least a few times). Let me ask this question: How is Ublaz an emperor? Sampetra is just one, insignificant little pirate island, not an empire