News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

St. Ninians is Real!

Started by Captain Tammo, January 11, 2013, 03:46:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kitsune

And better than names like... Uggo.  :-X

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: AxeHound on February 26, 2013, 05:48:36 PM
Personally, I like the Biblical names better than later names. Like Uggo Wiltud. We go from Matthias to Uggo? Not cool.
Like Captian Tammo said, " I think as religious controversy spread, he made his books more appealing to all religions". Thats most likly the main reason why the name style changed. And I also think that Bibical names are better than the later ones. I mean... Uggo! Seriuously?

Life is too short to rush through it.

Jetthebinturong

Gah, it wasn't biblical! When Jacques was asked he said that they were "Strong family names" apart from Asmodeus
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Rusvul

Uggo is just one name out of hundreds. He had lots and lots of good names, biblical or not. I prefer it to not have names drawn from a religion, being a non-religious person. Yes, Uggo isn't a great name, but things like:
Tiria Wildlough, Baliss, Ungatt Trunn, Mokkan, Silth, Lantur, Badrang, and Laterose are all very good names. (Yes, I'm sorry, most of them are either forum members or Marlfoxes, I have both of those on the mind)

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: rusvulthesaber on April 14, 2013, 06:38:03 PM
Uggo is just one name out of hundreds. He had lots and lots of good names, biblical or not. I prefer it to not have names drawn from a religion, being a non-religious person. Yes, Uggo isn't a great name, but things like:
Tiria Wildlough, Baliss, Ungatt Trunn, Mokkan, Silth, Lantur, Badrang, and Laterose are all very good names. (Yes, I'm sorry, most of them are either forum members or Marlfoxes, I have both of those on the mind)
Ungatt Trunn is a great name, isn't it ;D? But names like...Uggo, just arnt so...normal.

Life is too short to rush through it.