Possible roman empire counterpart in redwall

Started by Kermanint, February 27, 2013, 12:38:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Aye, but juzt remember: Ze zun vill come oot tomorrov! (Zorry, ah juzt couldnae rezizt!)
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Tam and Martin

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

Blaggut

I dont think there was ever anarchy, and it isn't really middle aged, it's like no known era really, undiscovered forts everywhere, stuff like dat. Maybe it coulda been building up to small empires, but the largest claims where minor, the biggest was tsarmina. And that wasnt too big. Anyone know what book was farthest in redwall history, like the farthest forms martins time, which is the oldest recorded.
~Just a soft space boi~

White One6193

This is a REALLY interesting idea... I shall get right on the fanfictioning.  Mortspear might be a great way to start.

An ancient empire, controlled by a patrician class of felines? Cats want to be emperors anyway, so naming one of them Augustulus would be fun. The reason why there are so many vermin bands around Redwall is because they are the shattered remnant of a mighty force akin to the legions.  And at least some of them have discipline.

Yeeeeessssssssssss...

This has such possibilities...
"Ride for wrath, ride to ruin, and the world's ending!"- King Theoden

RIP Brian Jacques... ET NOMINE PATRI, ET FILLI, ET SPIRITUS SANCTI, AMEN!

Mit Gott, Fur Koenig, und Die Vadeirlandt!

Romsca

Quote from: Blaggut on August 23, 2013, 05:17:21 AM
Anyone know what book was farthest in redwall history, like the farthest forms martins time, which is the oldest recorded.

The oldest book (chronologically) is Lord Brocktree

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: Romsca on November 18, 2013, 03:50:41 AM
Quote from: Blaggut on August 23, 2013, 05:17:21 AM
Anyone know what book was farthest in redwall history, like the farthest forms martins time, which is the oldest recorded.

The oldest book (chronologically) is Lord Brocktree
True, it is one of the three Redwall books to not have Redwall exist in its main story line.

Life is too short to rush through it.

Darkenmal

"I closed my eyes, only to open them again. I did not know what to expect, but I was afraid of knowing the truth; the truth which my dreams have revealed..." - Swiftpaw, Lord of Salamandastron and the Defender of the Western Coast.

Ungatt Trunn

Jetthebinturong

Legend of Luke so that's three and a third actually
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Ungatt Trunn

clunylooney

I feel as though the Thousand Eye Army is kind of inspired by the roman army. They all have very roman looking armor and they go on patrols just like romans. They certainly aren't as effective or as large as the roman army, but they definitely have aspects of roman in them.
"ABSOFLIPPINLUTELY" - Me

Sebias of Redwall

I definitely could see a Roman-like empire in Redwall.
"I can only speak two languages. English and rubbish." ~Brian Jacques

"No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly."

"Evil labours with vast power and perpetual success - in vain: preparing always only the soil for unexpected good to sprout in."

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

Tungro

Quote from: clunylooney on June 10, 2020, 05:05:36 PM
I feel as though the Thousand Eye Army is kind of inspired by the roman army. They all have very roman looking armor and they go on patrols just like romans. They certainly aren't as effective or as large as the roman army, but they definitely have aspects of roman in them.
Well I mean lol, most armies did send out regular patrols
Where do you remember seeing roman like armor? Might be interesting to look into