The Taggerung

Started by GeminyaTome, May 03, 2013, 11:50:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GeminyaTome

No, this isn't a character discussion. This is a discussion of the Taggerung, both previous and later. Brian only ever mentions one Taggerung, Denya. Do you think he had other books stored up in his brain of other Taggerungs? Maybe a bad guy Taggerung, who is defeated? Thoughts?
Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever thou hadst formed the earth and the world, even from everlasting to everlasting, thou art God. For a thousand years in thy sight are but as yesterday when it is past, and as a watch in the night.

Psalm 90:2,4

Leatho Shellhound

Wasn't Sawney Rath's father a  Taggerung?
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Lutra

I think Taggerung is just a title to affix to your name.  It isn't meant to be your only name as far as I can gather.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Tam and Martin

Yes it is a title to show you are 'special'!

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

Shadowed One

Yeah, but the Taggerung is always very gifted in fighting and that sort of thing.
Martin the Warrior is way more epic than Mickey Mouse. Anyone who says otherwise is insane, or just wrong.

"I'm languishing in heroic obscurity!"-Doc

Leatho Shellhound

don't they have a brirth mark?
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Romsca

Not sure if other ones did, but I thought that was more of a Deyna thing

Ajc3000fox

The Taggerung was actually a title for vermin, some kind of prodigy legendary warrior if i can remember. The irony being he was an otter. I think it was the seer's who predicted the next taggerung, and the tradition was eliminated after that tribe was destroyed. Although there were others. I think Sawney Rath's father was one.
"The way is dangerous, take this." " A gift? Will it protect me?" No, a sword is never a gift. It only brings death. It is a curse and gives you the duty to defend those who cannot defend themselves. I hope one day you will forgive me."

https://www.facebook.com/RedwallSeries

GeminyaTome

Quote from: Ajc3000fox on May 07, 2013, 12:46:10 AM
The Taggerung was actually a title for vermin, some kind of prodigy legendary warrior if i can remember. The irony being he was an otter. I think it was the seer's who predicted the next taggerung, and the tradition was eliminated after that tribe was destroyed. Although there were others. I think Sawney Rath's father was one.

I don't think it was just vermin who were the Taggerung. The Taggerung is a mighty creature who is, basically, undeafeatable, except by another Taggerung. Seers could predict the next Taggerung, but it wasn't the seer who decided who the next Taggerung was.

And Sawny Rath's father was a Taggerung, which was probably one reason he wanted the Taggerung in the JuskaRath.
Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever thou hadst formed the earth and the world, even from everlasting to everlasting, thou art God. For a thousand years in thy sight are but as yesterday when it is past, and as a watch in the night.

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: GeminyaTome on May 07, 2013, 06:26:01 PM
And Sawny Rath's father was a Taggerung, which was probably one reason he wanted the Taggerung in the JuskaRath.
Or meybe because he wanted him for a good reputations amongset other Juska Clans.

Life is too short to rush through it.

AnnaofRedwall

in the book it says Deyna's great grandsire or something had a speedwell flower birthmark too, which is why his mom and dad named him Deyna
I hate it when a package says 'easy open' and you need a scissors, a knife, a crowbar, a gun, and a light-saber to open it.

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: AnnaofRedwall on May 08, 2013, 11:10:24 PM
in the book it says Deyna's great grandsire or something had a speedwell flower birthmark too, which is why his mom and dad named him Deyna
If thats the case, then why did they name him Deyna?

GeminyaTome

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn on May 09, 2013, 06:28:37 PM

I think Deyna's grandsire was also Deyna

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: GeminyaTome on May 09, 2013, 07:26:40 PM
Quote from: Ungatt Trunn on May 09, 2013, 06:28:37 PM

I think Deyna's grandsire was also Deyna
Okey, thanks for the awnser :)

rachel25

I think I feel a Fanfic coming  ;) I LOVE the Taggerung and I think I might write a Fanfic about future or a past Taggerung  8)