News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Ruddaring

Started by Tiria Wildlough, July 25, 2011, 09:55:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiria Wildlough

I personally think Ruddaring is awesome. ;D
I wonder what happened to it, and its inhabitants.
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Matthias720

If I remember correctly, four families of otters drove off the monitor lizards that lived on Ruddaring, and then they took up residence there.

Captain Tammo

I doubt it was ever taken over due to it's walls and only one entrance that could be easily guarded. But I've always wondered just what would happen if a corsair was stupid enough to try to take it over. The neat thing about rudderang is that there could be a full war going on inside and nobody would know!
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Nightfire

I like how it's an abondoned volcano. That is just pure awesomness!  :)
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Tiria Wildlough

My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Nightfire

On the map, it's shaped exactly like a volcano, and the soil is ultra-fetile. Exactly like the mountain gardens of Salamandastron, or the soil of Peace Island.
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

BrookSkimmer

It is probably one of the safest strongholds in all the books. One way in that is easily guarded. Fertile soil, fresh water source. What else could an otter want eh? Or any other creature for that matter.

Nightfire

PLUS the only way in is through an underwater tunnel that is barely visible. Only a fish could get through THAT.

Captain Tammo

I think it's safer than Salamandastron! Think about it, the single entrance, you can't lay siege to it, can't fire things over it, and any invaders will be on ships with limited supplies. The perfect fortress...
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Nightfire

Gears

know whats also a really cool place? The green isle, where the hedgehogs live, when they rescued triss.
Yeah, I do stuff sometimes.

Folgrimeo

This discussion is about Ruddaring, there's already a separate topic for Green Isle if you want to talk about that.

I don't remember Ruddaring too well, but any home to otters is great, interesting conversation abounds when otters are around. Very convenient that it's difficult for vermin to get inside, I'd consider that an important selling point if I were to visit any Redwall place. I'd have to be comfortable with diving under the water to get in and out though, I don't think squirrels are known for swimming.

Captain Tammo

Regardless, it's a pretty sweet place!

Dannflower Reguba

Yes, It's a pretty nice place to live.
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Redwallfan7

Ruddaring sounds awesome as described in the book. Grath's family got killed, so I'm glad she got a happy (fairy-tale)  ending when she found Inbar.
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers