Mossflower wood

Started by Martha Braebuck, June 22, 2011, 09:03:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redwall Musician

Was Brian Jacques Catholic? Sorry it is random.
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

Songbreeze

~Song
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
"Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that is why they call it the present!"

Martha Braebuck

Quote from: Redwall Musician on June 23, 2011, 05:29:44 PM

Yes, it said he was
~Love, •*Martha*•

Whoohahahahooh!! ~Hon Rosie's awesome laugh!

"Fate 'n fortune smile on us,
and of this crew take care,
but let no greedy robber try,
to guzzle up my share!"

Redwall Musician

My mom was wondering. We looked it up and found he went to a catholic school. Sorry for the random question, but I'm full of them.
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

Martha Braebuck

thats fine, those come to me lots too  ::)
~Love, •*Martha*•

Whoohahahahooh!! ~Hon Rosie's awesome laugh!

"Fate 'n fortune smile on us,
and of this crew take care,
but let no greedy robber try,
to guzzle up my share!"

Osu

I always figured St. Ninian's was something like the horse from the first book - it got a different meaning as the series progressed. Started out as a home for the churchmice - you know the saying, "poor as a church mouse?" - but if there's no religion in Redwall, as BJ has said, then what was it a church for? Not that it matters since it was burned down, of course. ;)

Speaking of places in Mossflower, I'm interested in where the path outside the abbey starts and ends, and who made it.
Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.

DanielofRedwall

I like Brockhall, in Mossflower and stuff it just makes you feel safe,  as if you know nothing will happen that might kill someone while they are still there. Of course, that all changed in the Sable Quean...
Received mostly negative reviews.

Wot Wot!

Quote from: Redwall Musician on June 23, 2011, 05:29:44 PM

In an interview with Fast Forward, he describes himself as a working-class Irish Catholic from Liverpool...which meant that he never felt okay with just hanging around...he always felt like he should be working!  Which meant more Redwall books for us to enjoy!
All you cowards of the land and flotsam of the sea
Who murder, pillage, loot whene'er  you please
There's a Long Patrol a waitin', we'll greet you cheerfully,
You'll hear us cry 'Eulalia' on the breeze.

Wot Wot!

heres the link to the interview- it's quite good actually:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3nu5j_brian-jacques-fast-forward-intervie_people

This comment can be redirected to another section if need be...

Osu

Quote from: Wot Wot! on June 25, 2011, 03:10:19 AM

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3nu5j_brian-jacques-fast-forward-intervie_people

EEEEEE! AAAAAAHH thanks for that link! I had't seen this interview before! <3
Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.

Wot Wot!

Quote from: Osu on June 25, 2011, 02:05:19 PM
Quote from: Wot Wot! on June 25, 2011, 03:10:19 AM

EEEEEE! AAAAAAHH thanks for that link! I had't seen this interview before! <3

LOL- you're quite welcome!

DanielofRedwall

Thanks for posting that up, quite interesting and entertaining.
Received mostly negative reviews.

Storm

My favorite place in mossflower would probably be the underground castle. How can you go wrong with treasure and glow in the dark mud?
Friends, Romans, Countrymen, lend me your ears.
I have come to bury Caesar, not praise him.
"Julius Caesar" by William Shakespeare

Matthias720

Quote from: Storm on July 03, 2011, 03:17:46 PM
My favorite place in mossflower would probably be the underground castle. How can you go wrong with treasure and glow in the dark mud?
Kotir Castle's ruins are pretty cool. I just wish it wasn't swarming with blind toads. :P

Captain Tammo

Quote from: Osu on June 23, 2011, 09:57:46 PM
I always figured St. Ninian's was something like the horse from the first book - it got a different meaning as the series progressed. Started out as a home for the churchmice - you know the saying, "poor as a church mouse?" - but if there's no religion in Redwall, as BJ has said, then what was it a church for? Not that it matters since it was burned down, of course. ;)

Speaking of places in Mossflower, I'm interested in where the path outside the abbey starts and ends, and who made it.

Hmmmm... Was the path in the book Mossflower? Sorry I don't have the books in front of me. Because If it wasn't, maybe it was put in for travelers after redwall was built?
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior