Release Date

Started by Rosie Willowwater, April 18, 2017, 01:54:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rosie Willowwater

Is there an affirmative release date for this game yet?

Groddil

Gonff the Mousethief

Quote from: Groddil on April 18, 2017, 02:02:42 AM
Summer 2014. :p

For real

I'm not all too sure, but I hope it happens soon. This is still a wonderful idea for a game and I would hate to see it go to waste, especially after they made AbbeyCraft and all that.
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

Luftwaffles

Progress in the game has been steady.

I hope it's out soon, as it looks freaking amazing.
~Please be sure to join us if ever you are passing~.

Having problems joining the board or accessing your account? E-mail us! Have Redwall news or artwork to share? Tweet us!

cryptopur

Hi y'all,

This is Chris from Soma Games and I can speak roughly to this question but we're not 100% ready to announce a date just yet so forgive just a little more ambiguity - there's good reason.

In short, you can look for the release of episode one of The Warrior Reborn within 12 months or less. (Lord willing...  ;) )

But I'd also like to speak briefly to Groddil's comment regarding the now-long-past release date of Summer 2014 because there's a story to be told.
...and isn't it just like all-things-Redwall to require a tale told by the fire with a tall flagon of October Ale?

Way back when we first got included in the Redwall universe we had a very small and limited license and the idea was to build something quite modest as a kind of add-on marketing piece for ANOTHER project that you may have heard of - a dimly announced Redwall movie. Back then a 6-9 month development cycle was totally legitimate and so we started off with a smile and vinegar in our veins!

But it wasn't long before our work was appreciated and admired (The Kickstarter and Corsair's Last Treasure earned us a lot of good will up the chain) and soon the scope for a small game was expanded to be a little bigger...then a little bigger...then a little bigger. Those expansions were exciting and fun because they gave us more opportunity to spread our wings but of course they also meant Summer 2014 was never going to happen AND we didn't have the legal permission we needed to really say much about that publicly. The best we could do is hope the fans could read between the lines as they saw slow-but-steady progress on the Facebook page for something that sure didn't LOOK like a typical mobile game.

There was a lot of back and forth and changing winds in that intervening period. The license was changing, the scope was changing, the ideas were changing and evolving. We lacked any specificity to make any real announcements. It was at times very frustrating but in hindsight I think it was actually an opportunity and a blessing. Without a deadline bearing down on us, and a pretty free hand to take the concept anywhere we wanted, we had a rare and beautiful chance to really get to know the audience and dive into the deep questions of how to bring Redwall to the game screen. We could ask the fans a lot of questions in surveys and Facebook posts, and face to face at places like GDC and we learned a TON. What's more, we've worked really hard to incorporate what we've learned into our plans...and boy do we have big plans! Here's a new revelation:

There will be more than one Redwall game...

Which is perfect really because there's no way we could make any one game hit all the hot buttons or please all the fans. The only way to make the audience happy was to do several games of different genre's and types, but all sewn together by the tapestry that is Redwall.

So when I say Episode one (The Scout) will be out in 12 mos or less keep in mind that there will also be an episode 2, and 3...and...

Dylan Reguba

Take your time! As excited as I am to learn that there's a Redwall game coming out, I learned something from Skyrim. Namely, you don't want to rush to release an inferior product just because people demand it. (No, I'm not affiliated with Bethesda- just sayin'.)

"I am called Reguba, as was my father before me. When danger threatens and you have to face the foebeast, then you will know you are Reguba, bravest of the brave!"
Rusvul

Captain Tammo

Early Access release date on Steam is September 28, 2017!
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

LordTBT

Quote from: Captain Tammo on July 08, 2017, 06:18:19 AM
Early Access release date on Steam is September 28, 2017!

In case anyone missed the news, Soma has pushed back the release date. It apparently won't be coming out this month. Early Access release status: unknown.

Ashleg

cryptopur

Hi folks - that is true, we had to bump back the early access release and it's really just a paperwork thing...but paperwork things are actually kinda important. :)
That said, and directly related to this matter, today was a quite good day and think this is going to be sorted out sooner rather than later. W00t!

Ashleg

Was this already asked?
How much will it cost?

Wylder Treejumper

Well, it's theoretically supposed to unlock in one hour, guys. *crosses fingers*
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Ashleg

HHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOT DIGGITY.

Matthias720

Didn't unlock. It must still be delayed.

Wylder Treejumper

Rats! I had so much hope. Now I will have to wait an indeterminate amount of time. >:(
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.