News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Personality types

Started by Tannsrall, September 19, 2012, 02:23:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wylder Treejumper

So my observations are correct.
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

James Gryphon

Quote from: Wylder Treejumper on September 27, 2017, 08:23:40 PM
Why? I worked it out this way: When using the bathroom, there are two types of people. Some people use whichever stall is the closest clean and open one. The other half goes to the very end and uses the handicap stalls first (they like the extra space? It is a weird psychological thing I don't understand, since the size of the stall has no effect on your comfort, but I've seen it happen over and over).
If you remove any of your clothes during the process, it is a factor in moving around, but I think the main reason why has little to do with the size of the stall, and more with the fact that it's simply the furthest away from the entrance and the most private.
« Subject to editing »

Aimless Gallivanter

people shouldn't use the handicap stall unless they're handicapped (or have small children they need to keep with them, or need to use the baby changing station thing)
but the handicap stall is for people with handicaps!!! they can't use another stall, you can. if you're in there cuz you "need your space" even when there's plenty of regular stalls open then they have to wait for you so just!! don't use it!!!
something to consider
im gay!!!!!!

Delthion

I didn't even know that it was a dedicated handicap stall until this topic...I just thought it was bigger. ;D
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Ashleg

Quote from: Delthion on September 28, 2017, 04:58:27 AM
I didn't even know that it was a dedicated handicap stall until this topic...I just thought it was bigger. ;D

* Ashleg suppresses a cough of pity.

Søren

I just use whatever is cleanest, and farthest away from neighbors. Whatever stall fits that criteria.

I'm retired from the forum

Rosie Willowwater

So, I just took the test again, and I got ESFP-T. I'm really confused honestly :P

Spoiler
51% Extroverted
69% Observant
76% Feeling
58% Prospecting
89% Turbulent
[close]

Wylder Treejumper

The Meyers-Briggs Type Indicator is not known to be particularly accurate on any scale except the I-E scale, and even there it is somewhat arbitrary. It is better understood as a tool for introspection than as an actual definition of your personality. Additionally, the test you are using is not the actual test, and probably suffers severely in the retestability department.
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Maudie

I had a whole essay typed out but I accidentally deleted it. :'( :P

To give you the rundown of that elegant response I had previously typed up: People's personalities change, personality tests are not accurate, and a lot of people are ambiverts, the middle ground between extrovert and introvert. Because of this their results in this department will differ depending on their mood at the time of taking the test.
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

Wylder Treejumper

The problem is that the MBTI assumes type populations are bimodal: that people are either mostly I versus mostly E, or mostly T versus mostly F.

But populations aren't like that. They are unimodal.

As a result, you just have to sort of draw a line down the middle and hope it is accurate. However people move around a lot on the scale, and almost inevitably regress towards the mean. So very few people are likely to become more introverted or more extroverted, or more extreme of any type, they just become more of neither. That means the correlation to the test tends to be fairly weak, especially over any period of time.
-Thomas Paine

-George Washington

Rusvul

Quote from: Aimless Gallivanter on September 28, 2017, 04:56:57 AM
people shouldn't use the handicap stall unless they're handicapped (or have small children they need to keep with them, or need to use the baby changing station thing)
but the handicap stall is for people with handicaps!!! they can't use another stall, you can. if you're in there cuz you "need your space" even when there's plenty of regular stalls open then they have to wait for you so just!! don't use it!!!
something to consider

This applies much of the time, I think. Not always, though.
1) if the bathroom is entirely empty, no-one else in sight (let alone someone with impaired mobility), you're doing no harm by using the handicap stall.
2) if the bathroom is completely full, it doesn't make sense to for everyone to avoid one stall because of a hypothetical situation that, frankly, isn't all that likely. If there is someone who needs the handicap stall present, of course, they get priority.

^ definitely a J

According to a quiz my psychology professor had us take online:

INFJ.

I - 9% (I'm introverted but I have a long 'social battery.')
N - 45%
F - 6% (barely an F, I would categorize myself as right on the line.)
J - 9% (I'm a J in theory, but I'm bad at it, so in practice I seem like a P sometimes.)

PaulTheMarlfox

I'm an extrovert, and an empath, I'm weird.
"What... is the in flight speed velocity of an unladen swallow?"
-Monty Python And The Holy Grail