News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Pirates of the Caribbean

Started by Ashleg, August 17, 2017, 05:12:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krantor the Brutal

I saw one, two, three and five. Didn't care to watch the fourth.
"Friends, if I advance, follow me! If I retreat, kill me! If I die, avenge me!" - Henri de la Rochejaquelein

Ashleg

Quote from: Krantor the Brutal on November 06, 2017, 06:18:37 PM
I saw one, two, three and five. Didn't care to watch the fourth.

It's kind of...weird. My least favorite out of them all. My bad, but not as good as the rest.

Scott McLamok

"A knife, thrown just right, can accomplish wonderful things." -Cayde- 6

"I'm ready! How bout you?" - Emile-A239

"If you win you live. If you lose you die. If you don't fight, you can't win." – Eren Jaeger

"Keep your wits sharp and your blade sharper." – Mandalore the Destroyer

"Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons." - General Douglas MacArthur

This is the Way.

Ashleg

Half of two and all of three? Hmmmmm.

Steelinghades

I've generally enjoyed most of the POTC--though the military historian part of me wines everyonce and a while--but have yet to see the fifth and probably won't for another couple weeks; being out of town sucks. On a second point, did people really dislike the fourth--that's with blackbeard right?--one that much? I've found it to be decent enough.

This is coincidentally my first post on this forum, so, hello all.

Krantor the Brutal

Looks like I have to watch it myself...

Welcome aboard Steelinghades, welcome to the forum!
"Friends, if I advance, follow me! If I retreat, kill me! If I die, avenge me!" - Henri de la Rochejaquelein

Ashleg

Arr, velcome.

No, I didn't hate the fourth, it's just not as good as the rest of them.

MeadowR

Quote from: Steelinghades on November 09, 2017, 02:12:17 AM
This is coincidentally my first post on this forum, so, hello all.

Welcome to the forum, Steelinghades! :)
~*Meadow*~

Season Namer 2014

Rosie Willowwater

Finally watched the first one with Ami. It was good.

Ashleg

SoranMBane

The only Pirates movie I've seen all the way through is the first one, and I doubt I'll ever go beyond that. All I've ever heard about the later movies tells me that the series just quickly loses all the genuine passion that the actors and film makers had for the first one. Plus they apparently start giving a whole complicated lore and mythology to the world, which I have zero interest in.

That said, I do genuinely love the first movie. It's so much fun, and definitely one of the best popcorn action-adventure movies I've seen outside the MCU or the first Men In Black. I also really dig all the stories I keep hearing about how a lot of the most enjoyable and iconic moments in this movie were actually just improvised by the actors (like, to the point that you've almost got to wonder if they even had a script).

Like this. Apparently that wasn't in the script; that's just Orlando Bloom doing his legit Johnny Depp impression on the fly. And they left it in. That's beautiful.

Ashleg

I definitely recommend you watch the newest one. It aligned with the first one very well and had lots of comedic moments that, I think, hit. You might just want to do a bit of reading about Barbossa first, if you skip two to four.

Tungro

I watched them all and liked them a lot. I would probably rank them as,
#1 The Curse of the Black Pearl
#2 Dead Man's Chest/At World's End
#3 Dead Men Tell No Tales
#4 On Stranger Tides

Jetthebinturong

"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan