News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Rosie's Wake

Started by Delthion, August 17, 2017, 05:43:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Skarzs

(I could actually explain it if you want.)
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Rosie Willowwater

(Yes I would very much like that.)

The Skarzs

Let's start out with a short taper. We'll use square bar. Hit the tip of the metal at an angle on two adjacent sides until you make a sharp tip. From there, the taper goes over the edge of the anvil with the flat sides up. Hit the metal with half on, half off blows (half of the hammer face is over the anvil, and half off) on both flat sides, making a neck. Hammer that down further until it is about a third of the original thickness. After that, turn the taper end up on the diamond, and squash it down flat and thin. Then we will chisel in the veins and make it wavy like a leaf by hitting it on a block of wood with a ball pien hammer, and cut it off the bar at the small end. Finally, the stem is forged smaller, an eyelet is forged into it, we can give it some curves, and attach it to a chain.

And that's how to make a leaf pendant.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Rosie Willowwater

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Rosie Willowwater

*Puts on the necklace*

I shall die with this.

Jukka the Sling

(Wait, why is Rosie dying?)
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Rosie Willowwater

The Skarzs

Thankfully, however, as long as you wear that pendant the curse will be warded off.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Delthion

'tisn't a curse. Merely a fact of life; Rosie's life at any rate. ;D
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Rosie Willowwater

*Cries*

And my lack of it...

MeadowR

~*Meadow*~

Season Namer 2014

Rosie Willowwater

Delthion

Rosie now has only 31 minutes to live! Let us mourn her!
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Gonff the Mousethief

Now even less. What a poor, poor shame. Say Rosie, who do you plan to haunt after you die? (I recommend Del to start).
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.