News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Stellan (Ashleg) vs Bentley (Corn)

Started by Cornflower MM, August 28, 2017, 02:36:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cornflower MM

Bentley scowled, yanking at the ropes that bound his legs and hands. He'd been having an extraordinarily good patrol, until he ran into some pirates torturing an otter family. He'd approached, alone, and rushed in with no real plan. One of the pirates that he had downed had pretended to be unconscious and then hit Bentley over the head hard enough to make him pass out. Then he'd woken up here, obviously in the belly of a ship, tied up.

Ashleg

The handle of the door leaving down to the belly suddenly clicked and turned, and the door itself was opened before Bentley could bat an eye.
A mysterious pine marten descended the stairs.
He was tall, skinny, and wore an abundance of blue and gold, which matched relatively well with the color of his eyes.
His golden jewelry jangled with each pawstep, and he smelled like seaspray.
This was the Captain.

The pine marten halted before the struggling hare, chuckling quietly to himself.
His paws grasped at the cutlass which hung from his belt.

"So."
As soon as the pirate opened his mouth, gold flashed from his two fake teeth, reflecting the light.
"You must be the prisoner."

Cornflower MM

"I don't see another other bally chaps down here, do you?" Bentley fired back, really wishing he could stand. "Who else would I be, wot?" He gave up trying to free his paws and settled for glaring at the captain.

Ashleg

Stellan merely chuckled and stepped in a circle around Bentley.
"I am Stellan Damu...Captain of the Goldenfangs."
He thrust the hilt of his cutlass under the hare's chin.
"What do you call yourself, hmm?"

Cornflower MM

"Captain, eh? My my, I never could have guessed." Bentley drawled with a smirk. The captain was leaving too many openings to be mocked, and Bentley couldn't resist. "Private Bentley Brushcut of the Long Patrol, sah. I'd say "at your service" but that I decidedly am not, wot wot!" He chuckled.

Ashleg

"Mmn, yes."
Stellan flipped his blade around and thrust its edge perilously close to Bentley's throat.
He leaned in with a hiss like honey. "Why, if you aren't a slave like no other. A loudmouth with an absurd name. In fact, scrap that--I think I'll call you Brusher."

The marten whirled and backed up, taking his cutlass with him.

"You do realize," he sneered, "That attempting to get in the way of my plans absolutely can and will only wind up in some sort of consequence on your end? The otters are dead and you are here now to clean my ship and cook my meals."
He fixed Bentley with a condescending grin.
"Quite actually...I think it was a win-win situation."

Cornflower MM

"Brusher? I am no squirrel, sah!" Bentley spat with contempt, glaring at the marten. "Why, I'm a bally dreadful cook. You'd be poisoned after one bite. Can't boil water." Bentley paused, staring at the captain.
"You call taking another creature's life a win-win situation? You monster!"

Ashleg

"Monster, heathen, barbarian, I've heard it all before." said Stellan, his careless demeanor not changing as he leaned up against the wall.
"I'll use you as an oarslave, then."

Cornflower MM

"I can't keep a bally rhythm, I'm afraid, I'd just be useless there as well," Bentley retorted, settling back against the wall and internally seething. He longed to shout at the captain but went for a glare instead.

Ashleg

"You will learn," Stellan snapped, slamming his paw roughly into the wall above Bentley's head.

Cornflower MM

Bentley laughed, "Oh dear, you missed me. I do hope that was on purpose."

OOC: Wanna move this along a bit, Prez?

Ashleg

OOC-
Yes. Start having him actually try to get him mad.
Spoiler
Maybe he mocks Stellan's strength a couple times and Stellan will challenge him to a fight to "prove" himself.
[close]
IC-
"It was!" Stellan's words caught between his teeth, emitting a low, hungry growl.
"Shut your mouth. I am your ruler and should be treated as such. I can slit your throat anytime I wish--so be wise."

Cornflower MM

OOC: Ooooh, me likey that idea. Also yes I am terrible that has been established already. No guilt tripping, y'hear?

BIC: "Oh, was it? You're sure?" Bentley mocked with a laugh. "Well now you could try." The hare's eyes flicked up and down the pine marten. "You hardly look strong to lift that cutlass. But then again, you can still walk with all that gawdy tacky jewelry, so perhaps there's some hope for you yet." Bentley snickered while shaking his head.

Ashleg

The dam controlling Stellan's anger finally broke through.
He snarled, flinging his cutlass out in such a sudden motion that Bentley barely had any time to see his ropes get severed.
The pine marten leaned over and tossed a small dagger at the hare's footpaws.

"Fight me, you obnoxious wretch!" he blurted, shaking and red from ears to tail tip. "It will be your last!"